• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Back to the Future: Greater Scott Edition

TVs Frink said:
Bobson Dugnutt said:
addiesin said:
derpstonpderp said:
but I am having troubles with getting a hold of DominicCobb

How so? Did you send a PM?

Sent 2 actually a few days ago, no response so far. I would of assumed he might of been taking a few days off or something but he's been online.

Sometimes I'm online for a while (and even making posts) before I respond to PMs, especially if that PM requires something I can't do in my current location or will take some time to address.  And sometimes I leave it unopened so I don't forget to address it once I do have the time.

This is how I operate generally (and in this instance).

yes my first time on here ok sorry... so how do i find them??

TM2YC said:
@"WORKPRINTsFANeDITS" Do not post download links in the forum, it's against the rules (Link deleted). Please read the rules in full before continuing to use the forum...

If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details

Did you bother to click on the links to the rules?

Been working on some further colour correction in Photoshop
Shame is, you can only do it frame-by-frame in Photoshop, so it would take hours to do single scenes. If anyone else knows another software that can do this, or how to do it in PS not frame-by-frame, please do tell. 

295JMfA.png

bGqt1J2.png

yS0zWcY.png

7IshZsi.png

wow dude seriously it looks awsome.... did u watch my version of the BTTF timeline??? add me on facebook i have a ton of my stuff on links " nhoj dlc " is myfacebook send a message or request

Bobson Dugnutt said:
Shame is, you can only do it frame-by-frame in Photoshop, so it would take hours to do single scenes. If anyone else knows another software that can do this, or how to do it in PS not frame-by-frame, please do tell. 

What editor are you using? Vegas? Premiere? Your editor should have some grading tools to a greater or lesser extent.

Is it my imagination, or are those screencaps above squashed horizontally a little bit?

TM2YC said:
Bobson Dugnutt said:

What editor are you using? Vegas? Premiere? Your editor should have some grading tools to a greater or lesser extent.

Is it my imagination, or are those screencaps above squashed horizontally a little bit?

Yeah, they haven't been properly cropped and formatted yet

And I've found that Adobe SpeedGrade does the job well, so I'll most likely use that to colour-correct for a 2nd version

Found a higher quality version of the Marty and the Starlighters video, will use this in v2

Project archived on request.  Contact a staff member when you're ready for it to be reactivated.

Finally got back to work on this after too much time. I've restarted it completely and it's almost done aside from some little audio tweaks here and there. I've been able to get the colours of the deleted and final footage almost the same as well. 

Great to hear you are back at work on it Bobson, the colours look great on that clip.

Another clip, I'm very happy with this one as the colours line up almost exactly the same. The next step would be to clean it up and remove the dirt and scratches, but I have no clue how to do that and I'm alright with it. 

Bobson Dugnutt said:
Another clip, I'm very happy with this one as the colours line up almost exactly the same. The next step would be to clean it up and remove the dirt and scratches, but I have no clue how to do that and I'm alright with it. 

Is it possible that you could use the deleted scene audio from the earlier DVD release where the bell ring comes before anyone leaves the classrooms? It just makes more sense that way.

Currently have what might be the final version uploaded to Mega. Let me know if you would like to see it

moviefan95 said:
Is it possible that you could use the deleted scene audio from the earlier DVD release where the bell ring comes before anyone leaves the classrooms? It just makes more sense that way.

I haven't looked at my DVD deleted scenes in a while, but I'll take a look.

Yes, but there hasn't been much intrest in people watching it so far to look for errors. I'll watch it myself soon enough to look for anything wrong.

I've watched the first 45 mins so far and it's very good you've mixed the original movie with the deleted scenes very well p.s loved homecoming and reality cut

Just watched this edit and boy was it a treat

Personally I don't think any movie is perfect and no movie is a 10 bttf for me is a 9 but this edit makes bttf even more better. If this was a real movie it would be a 10/10 for me because this is great.

At first I was iffy because is was going from crisp footage to blury and kind of scrappy footage if u know what I mean. But after seeing the examples on This thread I forgot about it because of how funny it was one thing could be improved but it's more of a nitpick at 1:23:36 the cut is a bit abrupt but it's working fine already 

This edit is great and should win FEOTM someday 

Thank you @"Bobson Dugnutt" for such a great edit to watch

Alright so I've tweaked everything that needed fixing, which was mainly minor things. This should be up on IFDB next week and an updated version uploaded tomorrow. Current runtime is 2.03.45 compared to the theatrical 1.56.06. 

@"moviefan95" I did add the DVD audio for the high school scene and it flows much nicer. Thanks for that suggestion :)

@"SonofSinbad" Glad to hear you enjoyed it, sadly there isn't anyway around that cut as I cut the deleted scene right as it was fading out.

Back
Top Bottom