• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Back to the Future: 2 Biff Changes Time, 3 Marty Changes History

Just a quick blu ray made
Bttf 3 marty changes history version 1

@"SonofSinbad" , what template did you use? It looks like the spine is really wide? Did you make sure to maintain the image ratio for the front when adjusting it? The back images appear to be correctly proportioned, but the front one looks a bit squashed to me. I'd also recommend lowering the amount of pictures on the back to help with text readability. Something also to keep in mind is to look for base templates and images that are large. I noticed that your image is less than 2000 pixels wide. Generally a larger image will have a better pixel ratio and result in a clearer image when printing and posting. Keep up the good work!

I did stretch a bit Im making a second cover right now

Nice work @"SonofSinbad" . I like the last one best, where the collage front cover is busier and the back cover calmer. Doc looks stretched vertically on the backcover though.

I'd leave out my avatar. That's from a custom cover I made years ago for my Babylon 5 dvd set. If anyone recognizes the space station surface, that would be a disconnect with BttF.

Seeing your covers does make me realize mine are a bit static. I'll have a go at an alternate cover too. :)

lapis molari said:
Nice work @"SonofSinbad" . I like the last one best, where the collage front cover is busier and the back cover calmer. Doc looks stretched vertically on the backcover though.

I'd leave out my avatar. That's from a custom cover I made years ago for my Babylon 5 dvd set. If anyone recognizes the space station surface, that would be a disconnect with BttF.

Seeing your covers does make me realize mine are a bit static. I'll have a go at an alternate cover too. :)
Back To The Future Part III Marty Changes History Cover Version 3
Decided to remove the picture of doc as its already in the front cover

Any other suggestions
 this actually reminds me of your other edits cover

Yeah. Don't use bright red text; format the text so as not to run rampant across the back; too many pics; use a black outline/stroke around the text.

Here's just 1 example of text/image arrangement on an FE cover.

SW_ShadowOfTheSith_L8wrtr_3dview.jpg

See how the pics are lined up, the text is contained within the pics, easily readable.

Here's my try:
bttf3mch.png

bttf3mchdisc.png

What do you think?

Feels good to try something other than Criterion. :)

I like it all except for the huge watermark III on front. I always took the amount of people on the cover to signify the episode.

@"theryaney" , thank you! I'm honored.

I too always saw the number of people as signifying the movie number, so for me the big III isn't needed.

Which text do you like better for the back, SonofSinbad's or mine? You used SonofSinbad's, mine is:

"Marty travels to the Old West to save his friend from getting shot over a matter of 80 dollars. In the process he must escape Indians, bears, gunslingers, and a Rolls Royce. Meanwhile Doc falls in love. Doc can dance. Doc conducts a science experiment with a train.

This fan edit "Marty Changes History", presents a stream-lined version of the familiar story. Fewer distractions create a tighter plot. The reduced run time accommodates viewing all Back To The Future movies in one sitting.

Back to the Future 3 - Marty Changes History
a fanedit optimized for back-to-back viewing of the trilogy
video 1080p MKV, audio 5.1 channels AC3, English subtitles
run time: 91 minutes (original run time: 118 minutes)"

theryaney said:
Alright, here's a second version:

That's better than mine! :dodgy:

If I might make a request to add "English subtitles" on the line with resolution and run time.
And Kathleen Kennedy is with double "n".

Thank you @"theryaney" !

Alright, here's a fixed one:
bttf3mch2.png

and also for part 2,

bttf2mch-copy.png

bttf2mchdisc-copy.png

Back to the Future 2 - Biff Changes Time is finished and submitted!

Thanks to @"The Scribbling Man" for teaching me to better listen for, and resolve, audio cuts. All... those... audio cuts.
Thanks to @"Sinbad" for the feedback, suggestions and moral support.
Thanks to @"theryaney" for the gorgeous, professional covers.

Compared with Sinbad's Hill Valley edit, I have taken the opposite approach: Sinbad tries to get the audience away from Netflix-style binge-watching and back to an episode-a-week viewing, while my edits are meant for back-to-back viewing and try to improve the enjoyment as a double feature. 

Now onward to another listen-through of BttF3, to find and improve any jarring audio cuts in that edit. Coming soon, to IFDB near you!

Back To The Future Part III Marty Changes History is personally my favourite out the two I enjoyed the back to the future 2 edit but the bttf 3 edit pretty much was perfect i dont think you will find anything wrong with audio cuts at least i didnt hear anything that was wrong with them.

Edit is now on ifdb. Thread moved.

Back
Top Bottom