• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Babylon 5

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
More Babylon 5 custom covers! With many thanks for the illustrations that fans put up on deviant art, the hi-res clips that Tom Smith put on youtube, and particularly IOV on tumblr.

If you rip your B5 episodes to individual files, you lose the DVD menus. You can link these to the episodes instead. PM me if you'd like the individual .jpg's.

B5%20custom%20covers%20(selection).jpg

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another 1080p clip of Babylon 5 CGI has been posted by Tom Smith. Thank you, Mr Smith. Please keep 'm coming!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Nice!. I notice the other videos have vanished. Why didn't I preserve them :cry: .

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finished listening to JMS' autobiography Becoming Superman. It's narrated by Peter Jurasik! It's long, but worth it. It feels more like a good novel than an autobiography.

There are a few new snippets of B5 background info, though much of it I already read on forums. And understandably JMS has lots of other ground to cover too.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks so good!

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another set of custom B5 covers. This time a complete set for the spin-off series Crusade!

With thanks to B5Scrolls for Luc Mayrand's artwork, and Amras-Arfeiniel on deviant art for his Apocalypse Box. The series logo comes from the stitched logo on an official Crusade crew jacket. I dislike the Farscape-copycat logo on the DVD set, and found the screenshot logo too blurry and less fun.

I made my own viewing order, adjusting the All-Inclusive Order (listed on B5books and in Crusade - Other Voices, Vol.2). "Path of Sorrows" takes place later to better fit the depth of Galen and Dureena's relationship. "The Well of Forever" and "Rules of the Game" are flipped. "Well" fits smoothly after Sorrows, continuing the topic of Galen's past love. "Rules" has a happy ending, which is a nice way to wrap up the series.

Another change I made is to replace Evan Chen's opening theme with Christopher Franke's theme from the Sierra Game. Hence the description "Sierra Theme" on my covers. The rest of Chen's music is intact, but replacing the opening theme just makes it feel more part of the B5 universe!

I included two unfilmed covers. I didn't want to ignore those, because the scripts exist and the infamous laundry accident happens in an unfilmed episode. Happily, official artwork for "To the Ends of the Earth" is included at B5Scrolls, enabling an episode-specific cover.

B5%20poster%20collage%20Crusade.jpg
B5 Crusade posters.jpg

Last edited:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Those are so nice they make Crusade actually look good! :D

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
^ Those are so nice they make Crusade actually look good! :D

Thanks! I'm quite pleased with the result, after way-to-many hours of Photoshop to make them. E.g. the image for Appearances and Other Deceits is a blend of 3 screenshots. The in-focus face is from a zoom-in shot, the slightly blurry gun from a medium shot, the unfocused feet from the zoom out shot. Since the Crusade DVDs don't have amazing picture quality, that was one of the tricks to get around the low resolution.

I even bought the NTSC DVDs to see if the picture quality was noticeably better than my PAL set. My conclusion is that for static screenshots, Crusade is slightly better on NTSC (sharper). But for moving image, the PAL version is slightly better (less jitter).

Crusade - Other Voices Volume 2 contains several unfilmed scripts. It was a treat to read new episodes ("new" for me, they were written in 1998). Especially the episode with Bester, which was the one scheduled for filming right when TNT cancelled the show.

If anyone has a good idea for a Crusade fanedit, please share! I don't see any obvious edits, beyond small trims or merging two episodes. Nothing significant enough to warrant listing on FE.

subjectzero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
 If anyone has a good idea for a Crusade fanedit, please share! I don't see any obvious edits, beyond small trims or merging two episodes. Nothing significant enough to warrant listing on FE.

I have a concept for a Crusade fanedit but no idea how to pull it off: craft a story where they actually cure the Drakh plague. It's been a while since I've watched the series so I have no idea if there's any way to actually pull this one off... I doubt there is!

There's also the audio edit idea I toyed around with which is rescoring the series with Christopher Franke's music.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
At the moment this is the little 6-second advert for stocks that plays at the start,middle and end of every youtube video and I swear it features the White Star flyby sound:

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
...I swear it features the White Star flyby sound:

That does sound like it. Either way, you clearly have B5 on the brain! ;)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally got back to watching season four of Babylon 5 with my mum. She hasn't forgotten anything that's gone on so far despite it being over a year since we watched it. Londo's her favourite.

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished! I've completed my custom posters for every B5 episode. Including the movies, Lost Tales, Crusade, my old DVD box-set, and a few alternate posters when they were just too nice to delete.

This collage is nearly a third of the total. If you want to see them all, PM me. :)

B5%20poster%20collage%20%5Bv3%5D.jpg

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
B5Scrolls gives us another 2 clips in HD! This one, and the Battle of Gorash.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Wow so is that one long launch sequence animation that he discovered, from which shots would be drawn for various episodes? I don't recall seeing all the starfuries getting loaded into a line like that before.

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also don't recall ever seeing that before. I want to incorporate it into my next B5 edit!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I need to have a good rummage in the garage to see if I've still got my old issues of this mid 90s magazine:

5171-57674-51-pristine.jpg

Because as it suggest on the cover of this issue, they had images of the FX. Rare special high resolution rendered shots.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I misread Models as Noodles

I've got Sci-Fi & Fantasy Noodles too:

a-day-in-the-strife-03.jpg

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
/\ Ha, ha! I used that image for my cover of s3e3 A Day in the Strife.

Even better, I have the B5 cookbook. It's got a few decent recipes and some nice photos. :D

517E3GE313L._SX359_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Top Bottom