• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Babylon 5 Project - The Film Series

While I'm glad I watched Crusade once, I regret having watched it a second time through. The production was a total disaster, episodes got filmed and aired out of order, and the result is that you can't really watch it in any order that actually makes sense. Add to that the cliffhanger ending, and it just isn't worth it in my eyes.

While I'm glad I watched Crusade once, I regret having watched it a second time through. The production was a total disaster, episodes got filmed and aired out of order, and the result is that you can't really watch it in any order that actually makes sense. Add to that the cliffhanger ending, and it just isn't worth it in my eyes.
Part of me still wants to tackle a trilogy that really chops the hell out of Crusade and create a finale. I roughly remember Gideon asking Chambers if what they had was a cure so it MIGHT be possible... I'd just have to actually sit down and watch the damn series again and take notes which... yeah. I have the same feeling about doing a rewatch.

I watched just one episode...and just can't bring myself to watch...so there it sits on the shelf...tantalising its dissapointment and a "FRANKEless" soundtrack to boot!

What's the music speration like on it?

Last edited:
A little feedback now I'm a good way through this:

This is absolutely excellent! Being a first time viewer, nothing feels missing, everything feels complete. And importantly, the entire run of movies feels perfectly well paced - which I know was a major issue with the original release, and one of your major goals. So it's a complete success from that perspective.

I just finished movie 18, which I take it is the season four finale, and it feels like almost every thread is wrapped up other than the Psi Corps plotline. (And the planet beneath them? It was hinted that that'd activate in their darkest hour or something, and I don't think I've missed that?) So I'm excited for what appears to be Psi Corps, Drack War, and wrap-up. I note that I could check out The Beginning now. (Would In The Beginning have made a good episode zero to your project if you cut the bookend story?)

You also mentioned a few well-liked but not-main-story episodes in a few of your changelogs, so I might check those out too - things like Intersections in Real Time, The Deconstruction of Falling Stars, etc.

And I'm going to watch The Gathering and Thirdspace, I think, but skip the other movies, which seem less popular and/or setup for spinoffs which didn't happen or were less good. I assume your final movie, Sleeping in Light, feels like a complete ending without needing the following movies?

Either way, thanks so much for this. You've made a fan out of me!

Last edited:
You can’t watch In the Begining first… its like watching Star Wars in episode order and ruining the reveal for audiences….in Empire…

A little feedback now I'm a good way through this:

This is absolutely excellent! Being a first time viewer, nothing feels missing, everything feels complete. And importantly, the entire run of movies feels perfectly well paced - which I know was a major issue with the original release, and one of your major goals. So it's a complete success from that perspective.

I just finished movie 18, which I take it is the season four finale, and it feels like almost every thread is wrapped up other than the Psi Corps plotline. (And the planet beneath them? It was hinted that that'd activate in their darkest hour or something, and I don't think I've missed that?) So I'm excited for what appears to be Psi Corps, Drack War, and wrap-up. I note that I could check out The Beginning now. (Would In The Beginning have made a good episode zero to your project if you cut the bookend story?)

You also mentioned a few well-liked but not-main-story episodes in a few of your changelogs, so I might check those out too - things like Intersections in Real Time, The Deconstruction of Falling Stars, etc.

And I'm going to watch The Gathering and Thirdspace, I think, but skip the other movies, which seem less popular and/or setup for spinoffs which didn't happen or were less good. I assume your final movie, Sleeping in Light, feels like a complete ending without needing the following movies?

Either way, thanks so much for this. You've made a fan out of me!
The series was actually cancelled in season 4 because the network playing it folded so they tried to wrap up everything. Then it got picked up by a different network... so, yeah, that's why it feels like that.

The series was actually cancelled in season 4 because the network playing it folded so they tried to wrap up everything. Then it got picked up by a different network... so, yeah, that's why it feels like that.
...and of course all the rejigging that that entailed is what led to the telepath war thread being unfulfilled. We also have all the malarkey around Claudia Christain's contract....leading to Ms Scogins landing....shame (and there is no way to resolve that in the fanedit suite)!
:(

Now that the entire series has been released on blu-ray with the five TV movie also coming soon to blu-ray, do you have any intention of redoing the entire 22 episode series you made from the DVDs in HD using the new blu-ray releases? It would be a welcome upgrade over the poor quality of the original (no fault of your own, seeing how badly the DVD transfers were made from Warner Brothers).

Now that the entire series has been released on blu-ray with the five TV movie also coming soon to blu-ray, do you have any intention of redoing the entire 22 episode series you made from the DVDs in HD using the new blu-ray releases? It would be a welcome upgrade over the poor quality of the original (no fault of your own, seeing how badly the DVD transfers were made from Warner Brothers).
I'm probably not going to attempt it, TBH. Maybe at some point in the future, I'll take a stab at creating episodes that augment the series instead. It'd be a lot easier on me!

I'm probably not going to attempt it, TBH. Maybe at some point in the future, I'll take a stab at creating episodes that augment the series instead. It'd be a lot easier on me!
No worries. Just thought I'd ask. Cheers!!!

Back
Top Bottom