• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Awesome Online Videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

I've just discovered this little gem through an article about Die Hard on Cinephilia & Beyond.

Not Youtube. Awesome, nevertheless.

NAKATOMI PLAZA is a reorganization of selected shots from the 1988 film Die Hard. The Protagonist, John McClane, runs around Nakatomi Plaza getting dirty and bloody but finds no enemies: they have been removed. As the scenery is repeated and John’s situation does not change, he is stuck in this building, scared out of his mind, looking around for someone to shoot. The breaking of continuity in the color of his shirt and selection of guns breaks the linear narrative and open interpretation to what is happening. Is he in a videogame? A dream? Nightmare? Is he simply insane?

As someone who loves Raising Arizona and feels the Hudsucker Proxy is hugely underrated this was an eye-opening history lesson as to how Sam Raimi influenced some of my favorite filmmakers.

It was Memorial Day this past weekend for the US, which means lots of war movies. If you ever wondered how accurate some of these are, either because you're hopelessly analytical like me, or just because you like ruining fun, here's an awesome video.

Also, there's one particular movie here that people love to bash for its inaccuracies, which they may be surprised to find out is actually pretty accurate as films go....

^ Wow, that sets a new bar. The main Stallone effect is near perfect, even passing though different light sources. The supporting FX are the usual okay standard but they make up for it with LOLs.

Reminds me of the old Playstation Abe's Odysee games meets a '90s Tool video...

A pretty great retrospective on Michelle Yeoh that serves as an intro to Everything, Everywhere, All at Once.

This is an interesting channel; it often looks at Chinese film very critically from an insider's perspective, but gives credit where it's due (as in Yeoh's case.)

Somehow Spike Jonze got embedded at Al Gore's house with his family right before he ran for president. This is a chill look at him hanging out, just mostly giving off dad-vibes. No crazy filmmaking technique here like Jonze is often known for, but the choice of footage leans a lot more heavily on very relatable, personal moments rather than Gore speaking about values or politics. If this would've played on TV, nobody would've said that Gore seemed stiff or lacking in personality.

This is impressively integrated footage:

The camera angles/movements and changes in lighting are great. You could add anybody to a fanedit these days.

It had me thinking if game engines could be used to complete green screen deleted scenes. Since you could match the camera positions.

It had me thinking if game engines could be used to complete green screen deleted scenes. Since you could match the camera positions.

That's how they do the new Star Wars shows. Unreal Engine.

That's how they do the new Star Wars shows. Unreal Engine.

Yeah I know but I don't mean bleeding edge live in-camera facilities, that are beyond even a lot of professional productions right now. Just pondering the possibility of fans using a game engine to generate backdrops after-the-fact to fill in missing greenscreen FX for fanedits.

I'm a big fan of Stranger Things, particularly from the perspective of a lover of '80s movies. Each season is stuffed with homages and this video covers all the references in the first 3 seasons (most of those films come up again in S4, as well.)
It's really how to do nostalgia right, executing it as a sort of remix of ideas, like the best Tarantino films.

This may be ancient history, but it still hasn't failed to give me a good laugh!

Pretty stunning when you think about it. A real actor's actor, the guy who is just part of the piece and you don't realize the work he was doing until later.

This short film (Jason Reitman's 2nd) cracked me up a lot. Apologies in advance if the whole thing is triggering for anyone.

The best Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on a screen was the original '90s movie, but the whole time, THIS is what we've been craving...

Back
Top Bottom