• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Awesome Online Videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The music is a bit overdone but otherwise this a fab compilation that had me laughing a lot:

I didn't know some of these references and hadn't twigged that Wayne Knight was spoofing his own career sometimes.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great video about the vfx in Flight of the Navigator

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The music is a bit overdone but otherwise this a fab compilation that had me laughing a lot:

I didn't know some of these references and hadn't twigged that Wayne Knight was spoofing his own career sometimes.
Yeah, I was too young when this first aired and I don't think I picked up on half of these. Great video.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd suggest showing this around for Halloween. (Trigger warning if you're sensitive to sacrilegious comedy.) Best to watch knowing nothing about it and just keep watching.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When people do indie films in Japan, it's not like a modern Hollywood "indie", i.e. 'made for less than $5 million'. This was made on a song and a prayer, and it's amazing what they accomplished (although I'm not a fan of films making action scenes hard to see to cover that they're not so exciting otherwise).

Also, can confirm that the strangest parts of Tokyo already look like this... I recognized most of these places. Of course, they're never remotely so popular or crowded, but I can envision a near future where this is the new normal.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now I love Captain James T. Kirk, and Shatner has had some great roles, (one of my favorites was Shit My Dad Says)

But he really comes off as a seriously grumpy and out of touch old man.. now, he could be so brilliant that he's doing this on purpose.. but seriously.. they are impressions, not imitations... the point of most impression is to accentuates, exaggerates the characteristics, take... those ...inflections, the mannerisms ......... and havefunwiththem...

Sigh, Sorry Bill.. you're one of those heroes where a person is likely best off never actually meeting. (Unlike say, Mark Hamill who is the kindest damn person you could hope to ever meet, even if just for 30 seconds).

From what I've seen of William Shatner in recent years (including the reality series "Better Late than Never"), he seems like a lot of fun to be around. Very philosophical, very energetic, and a bit eccentric. A little cranky? Sure. But in a fun way.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks very high-effort, a tribute to the Donkey Kong CGI tv show.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is probably the best acting that I've seen from Jamie Costa so far:

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

But he really comes off as a seriously grumpy and out of touch old man.. now, he could be so brilliant that he's doing this on purpose..

From what I've seen of William Shatner in recent years (including the reality series "Better Late than Never"), he seems like a lot of fun to be around. Very philosophical, very energetic, and a bit eccentric. A little cranky? Sure. But in a fun way.

I thought the video was charming, and that Shatner was definitely kidding around. He knows he's a figure of fun, and that people laugh at him, but he also knows that most do so out of love, so he's cool with it. And he's smart enough to know that if he leaned into his comic persona, and "performed" himself ironically, that that would ruin the fun. So he plays at being clueless about his goofiness amusing people, which allows him to keep being his authentic, goofy self and let others enjoy the good cheer.

Check out this interview from just a month or so ago if you doubt that, at 90, he's still an overwhelmingly positive, good-natured guy. (Either that, or he's an even better actor than I give him credit for!)

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tarantino's first effort at a feature film. It's not a short, just was never finished. You can see all his key elements here right from the start, and obviously much of it was reworked to become True Romance.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My 10-year-old was shown this "History of the entire world, I guess" video in class today. An impressive effort to stick tons of history in a bigger-picture context. And funny too.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Yeah, that's a classic.

Short martial arts film starring Sam Hargrave (who has now become famous for Extraction). I can't say that Hargrave gives the kind of vocal performance I'm looking for in this character, but the fights from this team are as good or better than anything you see in huge Hollywood movies. The MCU should take notes.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Happy Thanksgiving everyone (though I know that means nothing to many people)!
Here's a little something which I don't want to overhype but
kind of totally devastated me.
It's a great little reminder to be thankful for your friends and loved ones.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After re-watching V For Vendetta for Bonfire Night, I went down a rabbit hole looking into what else James McTeigue had directed. I finally tracked down this gorgeous Italian short film he made:
It stars Richard Dreyfuss as the architect and Kasia Smutniak as his muse, and is apparently a promotional film to tell the 'story' of how the Reggia di Caserta was built, the largest palace in the world. They filmed in the palace and the whole thing is stunning and sumptious, with beautiful lighting and costuming that attends to the various time periods they cover. The story follows dream logic at best and is pretty nonsensical...this whole thing is about a sort of romantic vibe more than a narrative, and while I wasn't into the romance, it's such a visually stunning film that I have to recommend it.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great video that I believe @TM2YC posted elsewhere awhile back. Perfectly shows why so many people think Spielberg films are just simple popcorn flicks and completely miss how complicated and difficult it is to do what he does. His attention to detail and insight is just amazing, a true master.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, wow! That was some fantastic editing.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^"When the Kid's WB show is cooler, more mature, and has better acting and music than the 'adult' version...."
(But yeah, that's some great editing)

Top Bottom