• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Awesome Online Videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heads up, Honest Trailers contain SPOILERS, which is why I usually don't watch them unless I've seen the film...
but in this case the movie really looked like a trainwreck so I didn't mind. Annnnnndd... oh yeah, this confirms my suspicions. Hilariously.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If anybody hasn't seen this yet, it's worth a watch for film buffs. Scorsese "finds" a few pages of a "lost" Hitchcock script and decides to film them in Hitch's style. The short film is a wonderfully-faithful recreation of some of Hitchcock's most famous shots and techniques, as well as the story themes he tended to be fascinated with. You might actually want to know that
this is of course a fake setup and Scorsese actually agreed to make a wine commercial. Albeit, a very nicely-done wine commercial.
Keep your eyes peeled for Michael Stuhlbarg in this, who Scorsese later cast in Boardwalk Empire!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The final duel from 'Once Upon A Time in the West' with Morricone's music replaced with just soundFX:

Surprisingly, I thought Leone's visuals and editing had almost as much tension and drama without the iconic score.  The editor has used good old freesound.org.

EDIT: Actually I shouldn't be that surprised because the opening scene to the same movie has no music or dialogue as well and is totally riveting.

The original scene for comparison (with flashbacks):

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Actually I shouldn't be that surprised because the opening scene to the same movie has no music or dialogue as well and is totally riveting.

FYI, Morricone "composed" the sound effects in the opening sequence. It's not music in the conventional sense, but it was scored by the maestro. And yes, it's absolutely beautiful and captivating.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved this series so much. So smart! Who takes the time to do this in the middle of a Batman cartoon?!

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
An old vid that deals with old California local politics but it doesn't matter! You don't need to know or care much about it to just appreciate the talent involved in this. Awesome stuff.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can't believe I just now found this, because IT. IS. AMAZING.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The red tint is a big cheat, but this is still pretty amazing. Totally worth a watch for faneditors, if you haven't seen it yet.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would watch a full documentary of this, but sadly he only spends a few minutes surveying a few films... I mean, with one drink per movie, you can only go so long.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Accidentally unearthed this classic recently... pretty nice production and execution for an old SNL sketch! Can you imagine watching this in the audience back in '79?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another classic '80s music video remastered (AI upscaled? Probably) in HD! :p

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm a fan of these "Expert breaks down scenes" video series. This is one of the better ones I've seen. A lot of film buffs like to think that because Eastwood or Scorsese is doing a film, it's going to be gritty and realistic, so it'll be shocking for them to hear that the fights in Raging Bull or Million Dollar Baby are so off that they'd never happen. Compare to a movie like Cinderella Man or Rocky that has a less-revered director but actually gets the boxing right. This might change your perspective on some films:

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
The final duel from 'Once Upon A Time in the West' with Morricone's music replaced with just soundFX:

Surprisingly, I thought Leone's visuals and editing had almost as much tension and drama without the iconic score.  The editor has used good old freesound.org.

I had earmarked this to watch later and finally got around to it, thanks for sharing. Great example of how a scene can already be excellent as is, and then a fantastic score somehow makes it even better.

Speaking of classic movies, I've started another round of old Hitchcock films and happened to catch this relevant Criterion video. I think it'll be interesting for the faneditors here (though probably not containing much ya'll don't know already.)

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Depending on one's point of view, this is either terribly awesome or awesomely terrible. Either way, it's...unique. Especially that finale.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If, like @"TM2YC" , you are interested in the old Rocky films, the behind-the-scenes of Rocky V might be more interesting to you than the film itself. (Unless you watch @"LastSurvivor" 's excellent '80s Remix edit) An up-and-coming boxer was chosen to play Rocky's pupil who gets in a Cobra Kai/Miyagi-do style war with a promoter who's an obvious parody of Don King. That boxer was Tommy Morrison.
In real life, Morrison's pro-boxing career took off before the film was even released. He signed with the actual Don King. Just like in the film, as King's current heavyweight champion declined (Mike Tyson), he attempted to groom Morrison to become the next heavyweight champion of the world. I won't spoil the film for you, but in real life, Morrison took it. It wasn't through a series of rigged matches either, as you can see from competitors like George Foreman talking about how deadly he was. He retired from pro-boxing with a jaw-dropping record of 52 fights and 48 wins, almost all by KO. He only lost 3. His private life is what ended his career... a renowned party boy, he had to stop fighting when he tested positive for HIV. Complications from the disease ended his life at 44.
For me, Morrison lacks the charisma on-screen to have made for a great actor, but seeing his real fights and then watching him in Rocky V definitely jazzes it up a bit. The boxing scenes aren't faked, that's exactly how he fought IRL. Thanks to LastSurvivor for giving him a better film to be remembered by, RIP.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quicksilver's "Time in a Bottle" scene from X-Men, Days of Future Past is of course legendary. And his house-clearing scene from X-Men, Apocalypse was probably the best part of the movie. Not even he could get me to tune in to Dark Phoenix though, so I was happy to find that there's a third Quicksilver scene out there to enjoy...

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's not how Cyclops' optic blasts work, I hate it

Top Bottom