• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Awesome Online Videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I do rather appreciate that The Mummy '99 now (retroactively) stars an Oscar winner and an Oscar nominee. :D

JosephDQuinn

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So... a bit shameless, but this is a short film I was in that just wrapped up it's film festival run and I wanted to share it here! We played all over the United States, with some of our biggest screenings being the Cleveland International Film Festival and Kevin Smith's Smodcastle Film Festival, where it was nominated for best comedy and best lead actor. I actually got to meet Kevin Smith and talk to him for a few minutes, and I'm happy to say he's one of the most down to earth celebs I've ever met!

Anyway, if you're a fan of the series I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson, you might like this sketch. Admittedly... it's a little weird.

JosephDQuinn

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Genius! (obviously, if you never played GoldenEye N64 multiplayer back in the day, this means nothing)
This made me so happy! Total nostalgia trip. I love that they dressed the parts and even had Odd Job shorter than the others!

FrameSniffer

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This spoof version of Alien always makes me chuckle 😊

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Trek 1 was long, and felt even longer. Shorter fanedits have improved the viewing experience, but none condensed it as much as this Read Along version.
I don't remember if this little gem has been shared before. If it has, just consider this a deserved bump!

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is great. I've listened to the audio before, but it was just paired with a static image of the book cover/slipcase. Having the video is even better.

Eyepainter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Trek 1 was long, and felt even longer. Shorter fanedits have improved the viewing experience, but none condensed it as much as this Read Along version.
I don't remember if this little gem has been shared before. If it has, just consider this a deserved bump!

The perfect example of a movie that would've been great if it were 30 minutes shorter. Good find!

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This small, fan-made production is one of the best representations of Batman and his rogues that I've ever seen. Merges influences from Frank Miller and The Dark Knight to Batman: The Animated Series in one tight, amazingly drawn, smartly-written, well-voiced package.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ It's funny because it's true. I'm sure it's a familiar trope to other countries too e.g bloke from bush arrives in New York City:

^ Just noticed the irritated looking guy is Sully the leader of the Orphans in 1979's 'The Warriors'. I'm going to add it to my head-canon that he became disillusioned with NY gang warfare soon after The Warriors disrespected him, so smartened himself up and got a job in Wallstreet 7-years later.

I'm a Smith fan but "How to write a Smiths song in 1 minute" :LOL: :

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Dude, that song is a straight jam. 10/10 would listen. (Feel like most Smiths is far slower and moodier though, but: well done!)

Eyepainter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My apologies to those who might actually enjoy the show, but this is hilarious, and in my opinion, true.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This thing is getting really artistic and esoteric now: Steamed Hams but it was banned in the USSR

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm rarely much interested in the design and function of mechanical/abiotic things, but this is an engrossing look at what is surely one of the most impressive technological feats of pre-industrial times:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This one had passed me by 'til the other day... a 2019 leaked(?) "proof of concept" for a proposed animated Judge Dredd show that didn't happen:

Studio AiXA have basically remade the famous bike chase from Akira, in a seemingly failed attempt to entice the rights holders Rebellion. It's such a beautiful melding of 3D animation with the feel of hand painted 2D, so if you pause it at any point it looks like a painted comic panel. Amazing work. I'd never thought about the similarities between the world of Dredd from 1977 and the first Akira comic 5-years later (and the film in 1988). The two vertical, hyper violent cities, criss crossed with speeding motorways and plagued by riots and urban warfare. Mega City One built on the ruins of New York and Neo Tokyo built over Tokyo, after both are obliterated in an apocalypse. No wonder Dredd feels so right as a re-skinned Akira.

If any adventurous audio editors want to make a complete soundmix for this ^ then I'll be very happy ;).

I'm sure 2000AD had Akira in mind when they did Japanese Judges in the 90s:

Screenshot-2021-07-05-13.54.30-1024x235.png

f927f9b7c6dba19b48da9faa42290674.jpg

Then youtube recommended this afterwards:

EDIT: Oh and I forgot about this 2012 Akira poster homage from the Megazine:

00.large.jpg

Last edited:

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Definitely more interesting animation style than what Disney keeps using for all its Star Wars stuff. Personally I always prefer "hand-drawn" to the 3D CG style, but it is more time-consuming and so a hard sell for a niche market show.

Top Bottom