• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Awesome Online Videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Well, viewed without any familiarity with the source material context, that was grimdark as hell... :oops:

But, this is fantastic, and an example of something great that could only exist with YouTube: a riveting, 40-minute documentary/retrospective on the classic 90s point-and-click PC game Titanic: Adventure out of Time. Anyone else remember this one?? 😃

And an incredible walkthrough of a new virtual ship model being made by enthusiasts online:

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Well, viewed without any familiarity with the source material context, that was grimdark as hell... :oops:
Yeah, I'm not familiar either...apparently it was a comic series which came out during the pandemic...seems quite influenced by that sort of post-apocalyptic late 80s stuff that was in the zeitgeist when the Turtles were at their peak. Akira. Miller's "Ronin". Probably a bit of Old Man Logan thrown in there, too, which is in and of itself influenced by Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. Everything is circular.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brad Pitt and David Leitch are in the Video Club this time:

^ Leitch mentions that he made a Jackie Chan VHS supercut fanedit back in the day.

Last edited:

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^I will be watching that for sure. I just wrote an article that features Leitch heavily, so I'd love to see what else he brings up. And I've seen several of the above 'cinephiles in the closet' videos, which are often surprising. Ed Norton's was kind of jaw-dropping in how casually he tossed out such meticulous films referenced by theme or year.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seems like lately criticism for Big Trouble in Little China has been going around again. People just going down a checklist of things they want to try to cancel? Well, Carter Wong ("Thunder" from the film) was interviewed about it recently, and smacked that shit down.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Their reaction video is well worth seeing too:

It made me wish somebody who speaks Mandarin & Cantonese would make a complete subtitle track for Big Trouble because the default one just translates the main lines.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^yeah I watched that first, actually. I was a bit bummed that the girl, Jessie, seemed to really like it at first but then got more and more concerned about the exploitative aspects as she was talking at the end. I'm really glad she could follow up with someone who was actually there, and it seemed to set her mind at ease. (I commented as much on the video, and as she 'heart'ed the comment, I assume she agrees.)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As an authentic, 100% genuine San Franciscan, I'd just like to point out that nobody has ever, ever called our Chinatown quote "Little China." 😋

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A cover of Misty Mountains in Dwarfish by Colm McGuiness

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As an authentic, 100% genuine San Franciscan, I'd just like to point out that nobody has ever, ever called our Chinatown quote "Little China." 😋

Yeah but "An amount of trouble commensurate with a China-Megalopolis but in a China-Town" isn't as catchy a title/pun.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, crap. I now have to call into question the entire authenticity of the film.

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Funny review of Bram Stoker's Dracula from Dark Corners Reviews:

TK-421

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel a bit arrogant putting my own (very silly) video in the “awesome” thread, but a mod suggested this would be the best place for it. Star Wars was largely filmed at Elstree Studios in the UK. Several roles were played by local British actors, who were later dubbed with American or alien voices.

I have edited on-set audio back into scenes from the film to give us a glimpse at how it may have sounded if they'd been allowed to keep their original accents.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Great sound editing there. Most of the post dubbing is better but I prefer the original Mos Eisley bartender voice. His accent gives it a more threatening East End gangland boozer vibe.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty great short documentary called Healing Trauma: Beyond Gangs and Prisons. For those who don't know about the US prison system, there's really very little money or effort put into rehabilitating people, or even punishing them with an effort to decrease the likelihood of re-offending. There are other docs out there making the argument that it's a way to continue the institution of slavery and Jim Crow laws, but this doc is the other side. It's focusing on a private program trying to fill the gaps that the government has left. A nice combo of data and personal stories, this is the rare doc about a serious issue that didn't leave me wanting to just burn down the whole world.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Jackie Brown switcheroo seamlessly edited together by this fan:

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wish the whole movie was edited tighter like that.

Top Bottom