• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Awesome Online Videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The ending of this seems incredibly appropriate these days.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
I thought this was exceptionally well done!  For the first few seconds, I really thought that was Tom Cruise!  Great impersonation.

That's pretty great.  He nails the mannerisms and vocal inflections!  Doesn't run as fierce as Cruise though.  Nobody runs like Cruise.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
A youtube editor's (ManticoreEscapee) upgrade of the deleted opening to 'Escape From New York':

Oh man, that looks so much better!  I've got an extended version by ADM with this scene in it, but the quality is nowhere near this.  I'd love an EE of the film where the deleted scenes were all upgraded to match!

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
This new b&W animated trailer for the BFI's new Japanese film season is amazing! (I want a full length b&w Sin City-style version of Akira now):

Wow, that IS phenomenal!

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
not youtube but potentially awesome. it's just once upon a time in hollywood synced to the beatles' white album. the whole damn thing.

[video=went to private]

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This may only be awesome for gamers, but I found it pretty interesting. If you are like me and constantly wonder why a developer chose a certain game mechanic or feel like a level was laid out with different intentions than when you actually play it, this walks you through some of the thought processes, good and bad.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The future is coming...and it will be deadly convenient.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Lana...Lana....LANA...LAAAAANNAAA!"
"What!?"
"...Danger Zone..."
This guy is the hero we need.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WB have kindly put up the making of the Dark Trilogy doc for free on youtube the other day:

I think it was previously only on the 2013 trilogy "ultimate collector's edition" boxset bonus disc.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They must've put all the extras up, because there are 30-45 min docs on specific topics too, like the Batmobile or Locations, etc.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Caught this great documentary on the original Batman: The Animated Series. It's really well-done, with an Interlude and everything. It's mostly focused on the elements that went into creating the series though, and doesn't really touch on how it evolved over time (both the art style and characters). I also would've liked to hear more from the various great writers and voice cast they had, which are only in this a bit. Great watch for any fans of pulp, noir, animation, or Batman though.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good: watching Half in the Bag. Better: watching it projected on a giant screen, as Zeus intended. :p

20200923-200000.jpg

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I originally saw this posted here, so thanks to whoever did that.  It's surprising how well this works narratively!  I liked the bonus surprise in the finale, too. :)

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ahh...bringing together my two high school loves: musical theater and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

She's got others.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor