• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Awesome Online Videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

^ From the comments: "Except that In the two towers, the mother puts her daughter on a horse to flee Saruman's orks. Eowyn later comforts that girl. Also Eowyn and another lady interact when the soldiers return to Helm's deep. Pretty sure there is interaction between Rosie and another female hobbit." To which the editor replied "Yeah but it's funnier if it's just the one. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story."

Still pretty, funny, indeed. :D

Honestly, the first of these videos I saw was Legolas speaking to Frodo, which is also one line. But it is funnier with the women, even if it isn’t 100% accurate.

I've been watching this YouTube channel for quite a while now, and I have to say that the work and effort put into this pilot is every bit as good as I hoped.

cinema insomnia featured the 1991 movie abraxas, guardian of the universe!

The original short film that was the sequel to The Ring. The idea here is better than anything else either the Japanese or American series have done, so maybe they'll make a full film out of it one day....

Here's another weird find that I'm not even sure is "awesome", but it's pretty relevant to the interests of this site...

This is the "International Cut" of the now-classic William Friedkin film Sorcerer. It initially flopped and so they came up with a massively re-edited version to try to recoup some money in the international market, and it seems like they went for more of a B-movie exploitation feel. Anyway, if that's up your alley, enjoy!

Though I'm no theist myself, nor am I at risk of believing in any deity without incontrovertible and tangible evidence, I've been really enjoying this series "Upon Friar Review" of two Franciscan friars and priests commenting on bits of pop culture. Their conversations are warm, wholesome, thoughtful, and insightful.

I happened to catch this short film from Spike Jonze while I was sifting through Youtube videos on the treadmill, and boy let me tell you, you don't not want to be trying to contain your emotions at the gym...
Helluva watch that I wrote more about here.

If you're a film buff, this video is just an absolute treat. Deakins is the GOAT.

Amazing short film in the surprisingly robust genre of steampunk samurai animation. This one is rather wooden...in the best way.

Here's a video from a YouTube channel that I am fascinated by. I don't know what it is about watching someone repairing old video game technology that's so soothing, but it is. Plus, it's educational too.

Reactions: Nic
I know. It's another Star Wars crossover. But it's a fun crossover nonetheless.

Can't remember if I mentioned this before but this youtube channel should be subscribed by everyone here. This dude is home scanning 35mm film trailers in 4K (the sound can be a bit rough but the visuals are gorgeous). He's uploading about 1 a day so I guess people must be mailing him these trailers, so he can scan them up onto youtube.

Some of my highlights:

Robocop open-matte 35mm in 4K with The Terminator score!:

The Living Daylights 35mm:

Excalibur 35mm 4K:

Tron 35mm:

Return of the King 4K:

Last edited:
Can't remember if I mentioned this before but this youtube channel should be subscribed by everyone here. This dude is hom scanning 35mm film trailers in 4K (the sound can be a bit rough but the visuals are gorgeous). He's uploading about 1 a day so I guess people must be mailing him these trailers, so he can scan them up onto youtube.

Some of my highlights:

Robocop open-matte 35mm in 4K with The Terminator score!:

The Living Daylights 35mm:

Excalibur 35mm 4K:

Tron 35mm:

Return of the King 4K:

Great minds think alike! I subscribed to this channel a year ago, and I've actually studied some of these trailers to see how to get an authentic film look.

A guy tries to redo a scene from Avatar with a home PC and blender. It's not as good obviously but it's pretty damned good. The finished clip is 7-minutes in and features a new joke that I'd like to see seamlessly cut into a prank fanedit:

Back
Top Bottom