• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Awesome Online Videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

On December 16, 2020, the American Film Institute asked director John McTiernan to record an introduction for Die Hard before they aired it for their Film Club. McTiernan made this unedited 12-minute thoughtful explanation of why Die Hard is a Christmas movie.
(Don't know why he filmed it all from the side, where he rarely looks at the camera, makes him seem half-way to a raving lunatic or a prepper, but anyway, here's the anti-capitalism Christmas rant!)

If one doesn't think Die Hard is a Christmas movie from end-to-end and top-to-bottom you've never really watched it.

I mean it syncs up perfectly with Mariah Carey’s Merry Christmas album if you start the album right when the 20th Century Fox fanfare ends.

So, it's like matching up Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon with The Wizard of Oz, but without musical talent?

^Do we need this fanedit? Someone get on it.

I would say no, but anything is possible.

Someone may have posted this here earlier? It is amazing. I do love and miss Michael Kamen, who once upon a time was my favorite working composer. (Nowadays, maybe Nicholas Brittel or James Newton Howard.)

This is such a great parody and love letter to the original Resident Evil games and their contemporaries.

This is both intentionally and unintentionally hilarious...

Before I was born but having an older brother that particular vintage Monopoly set, the big Action Man plastic APC, Haunted House, Super Striker, Mouse Trap, Mastermind and of course Scalextric, were "hand me downs" and got played with a lot.

Remember when they used to play promotional features for films at the cinema, not just trailers? Here's a great old one for Gremlins 2, which serves as its own kind of short film. The conceit is, of course, that the Gremlins and Gizmo are paid actors and are a pain to work with.

"I SAID CAPPUCCINO!!"

^ The cut to Robert Picardo at 2.44 would've been a spit take if I'd been drinking!

TV Presenter Jonathan Ross' toy collection. This is what all right-thinking rich celebrities should do with their money :D:

I've seen little glimpses of Ross' home collection when he's filmed documentaries on comic books, toys and collecting but wow! an hour tour of his insane collection! He's got the full range of Lynch Dune toys. Loved that he's modding Barbie toys into custom Batman and Ghost Rider vehicles. He doesn't even take them into his room full of rare 1# comics, which I've seen him show off before. Cute that he has a life-size standee of his screenwriter wife in the corner.

By the way, Ross's 2007 Steve Ditko doc is also well worth watching:

^He did a series called Japanorama that I watched while in Japan that prominently featured his own geeky toy and media obsessions. It tended towards flattery and glossing over some of the negatives of Japanese culture, but was broadly pretty accurate and forever endeared him to me, despite having no awareness of his other work.

^He did a series called Japanorama that I watched while in Japan that prominently featured his own geeky toy and media obsessions. It tended towards flattery and glossing over some of the negatives of Japanese culture, but was broadly pretty accurate and forever endeared him to me, despite having no awareness of his other work.

I thought I'd seen Japanorama at the time but maybe not. It's on youtube so I might have to re-watch and findout:

Last edited:
If anyone is interested we took the family to Disney World right before Christmas. My kids have a YouTube channel and made a video about it. If you’re only interested in the Star Wars stuff, skip to about the 2:00 mark.

Paging @Gaith ...

The Prince Charles Cinema off Leicester Square is the best. Fans watching a Mummy/Mummy Returns 35mm double-bill got a surprise introduction last Friday night:

I wish I'd been there!

Back
Top Bottom