• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Awesome Online Videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
We’re finally able to travel a bit here in Germany so my kids have resumed their Adventurous Twins videos. They live for views, likes, and subscribers, so give ‘em a like even if you don’t watch.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two rather nice discussions from a 2014 Ghostbusters 1/2 home release, newly posted to the franchise's YT:

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Alright, this is pretty damn cool. It's got a bit of a bite to it that one doesn't often see from the likes of Disney/Pixar American animation:

That was fun.  Reminded me of the Ice Age shorts with Scritch.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hbenthow said:
Dan Golding has created an interesting and informative video response to "The Marvel Symphonic Universe".

hbenthow said:
Gaith said:
Video essays responding to video essays - a fine kettle of fish.

And here's yet another video essay - this one being a response to both "The Marvel Symphonic Universe" and  "A Theory of Film Music".

Those were both great.  It's incredibly fashionable to rip on Marvel Studios, and many of the criticisms always strike me as yet another Gen X white guy complaining about how things aren't as good as in his childhood.  These two essays really put the lie to that rose-colored glasses viewpoint.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
mnkykungfu said:
Those were both great.  It's incredibly fashionable to rip on Marvel Studios, and many of the criticisms always strike me as yet another Gen X white guy complaining about how things aren't as good as in his childhood.  These two essays really put the lie to that rose-colored glasses viewpoint.

There's now a sequel to the second one:

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Some friends and I are doing a YouTube show involving movies that are so bad they're good. I have four episodes shot and am editing the first now. 

Would anyone be interested in previewing once I have a few episodes in the can, before they're released to the wild? PM me for details if you want to help.

I'm not sure I'll be posting them here publicly once they're done for various reasons.

Whatever became of this, Addiesin?  Have you seen the "GoodBadFlicks" Youtube channel?  Or the related "Expoloring..."?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
mnkykungfu said:
Whatever became of this, Addiesin?  Have you seen the "GoodBadFlicks" Youtube channel?  Or the related "Expoloring..."?

I shot twelve episodes, finished editing a few, was working on two more, then my kid was born and I dropped the project in favor of other responsibilities, eventually deciding to start work on a fanedit I still haven't released. The YouTube channel didn't really pick up much steam, over the first several weeks so that factored into the decision to stop. Still have the footage, might pick it back up again. Who knows? Gotta finish my edit first, among other things.

I've watched GoodBadFlicks' channel, I like it a lot.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I shot twelve episodes, finished editing a few, was working on two more, then my kid was born and I dropped the project in favor of other responsibilities, eventually deciding to start work on a fanedit I still haven't released. The YouTube channel didn't really pick up much steam, over the first several weeks so that factored into the decision to stop. Still have the footage, might pick it back up again. Who knows? Gotta finish my edit first, among other things.

I've watched GoodBadFlicks' channel, I like it a lot.

I hear ya.  It can seem like blind luck getting some steam on a project, and you can slave away in obscurity for forever.  You've got to have a real passion for it that keeps it rolling despite an onslaught of responsibilities.  Congrats on the firstborn!

Yeah, I do like a lot of the old GBFs...though increasingly it's turning into "Here's why everyone should love this notoriously bad movie that only I love!"...but filling a gap, nonetheless.  I just thought maybe you could be inspired or cross-promote.  Good luck on the edit!

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
mnkykungfu said:
I hear ya.  It can seem like blind luck getting some steam on a project, and you can slave away in obscurity for forever.  You've got to have a real passion for it that keeps it rolling despite an onslaught of responsibilities.  Congrats on the firstborn!

Thanks! And yeah it was a lot of work, I had self imposed deadlines and was working on my old personal laptop which crashed a lot and just made everything slower. Realized I was putting more work into video editing than my real job, including all-nighters, just for double digit views per video.

Still, I think it was a valuable learning process, creating a narrative from a plethora of footage and no script, cherry picking stuff to keep it entertaining with the added advantage of making those involved seem funnier per minute. Figuring out when to use different camera angles or how to work around problems when one of the camera batteries dies or the memory card fills up. Finding flash frames only after watching it multiple times and uploading it. It's kind of a luxury of options and choices compared to the kind of material we work with on fanedits, of course with a huge trade-off in production value. Different problems to solve.

Yeah, I do like a lot of the old GBFs...though increasingly it's turning into "Here's why everyone should love this notoriously bad movie that only I love!"...but filling a gap, nonetheless.  I just thought maybe you could be inspired or cross-promote.  Good luck on the edit!

What I like about his channel is the unwavering positivity. A lot of hate and negativity in general can be found on YouTube without even trying to find it, I think channels like his are necessary to balance out the landscape a little. Even if I don't always agree with him. I also really like the deep dives into films that had interesting productions, the Exploring series you mentioned.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I skimmed it.

You owe me 12 seconds of my life back.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hbenthow said:
hbenthow said:
In case no one has heard, there are plans for a giant robot duel between an American robot named Eagle Prime (created by MegaBots, Inc.) and a Japanese robot (created by Suidobashi Heavy Industries). It could very well become a defining moment in the history of robot battles.

Here's the latest video demonstration of Eagle Prime:

The battle has finally been waged. Here it is:

That was indeed pretty cool....but why did the Japanese team only get 1 robot while the other team had 2 shots?

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
mnkykungfu said:
That was indeed pretty cool....but why did the Japanese team only get 1 robot while the other team had 2 shots?

It's addressed in the video. The Japanese team wanted the fight to be hand-to-hand, prompting the American team to build a new robot that could fight that way. The Japanese team, upon finding out about the new robot, requested to fight both it and the old one rather than just the new one.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Interesting.  Yeah, I skimmed over the commentary.  Hmm, on one hand, twice the chances to win.  Otoh, that first robot might have softened them up for the second one.  Although the 2nd one was pretty dominant anyway.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:

I know this is old, but I just watched it and thought it was fantastic.  Worth drawing attention to again, nearly 3 years later.  Thanks, Gaith.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you like John Carpenter's 'The Thing' and you like claymation kids show 'Pingu' then you'll love the two together:

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If KISS and Battle of the Planets had a love child in Japan:

Top Bottom