• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Awesome movie scenes

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sure we can find most of them on youtube but if not just say what they are..

This one instantly springs to mind for me...

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One of the best scenes ever from 1943's 'The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp'. A speech by Anton Wolbrook's character Theo, explaining why he has fled Nazi Germany, to British immigration officials:

Wolbrook being Gay and half Jewish also fled Austria to Britain, so must really felt this scene. Great subtle slow camerawork too. The clever sound design is a bit lost in the above unrestored youtube clip. Thankfully Scorsese's Film Foundation did a lovely job on the Criterion Blu-Ray.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not a movie, but a great scene nonetheless.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This films a favourite of mine featuring one of the best car chases ever filmed. It also has one of the best wtf moments in mainstream cinema for my money.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My favorite scene from my favorite movie. That a 91-year old scene made using special effects technology that's primitive by today's standards feels more amazing than anything from the vast majority of today's multimillion dollar blockbusters is a testament to the immense skill and artistry that went into making it.

One of the most chill-inducing, powerful moments of unrestrained dramatic intensity and audio-visual beauty ever committed to film.

This one needs no introduction.

Arguably the most emotionally awe-inspiring movie sequence ever shot.

One of the most joyous and fun musical numbers that I've ever seen.

Arguably the best action scene of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ZyHNmb1yU[/video]

The most iconic rock n' roll musical scene ever shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qka6JrKUM5U[/video]

The most memorable scene from an exuberant and visually-stunning throwback to the imaginary tomorrow of yesteryear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QADSPIQhO6Y[/video]

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A couple of classic moments from Brian DePalma

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As iconic as Clint was in Dirty Harry, Andy Robinson pretty much stole the film from him

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From The Mummy '99: in a perfect movie full of awesome scenes, the Rick/Evelyn argument is my favorite:

For one, it's pretty much a single-take scene, which, who doesn't love those? This allows the charm, comic timing, and chemistry of Fraser and Weisz to get a full display, with their characters obviously crazy about each other but too prideful to admit it. (Notice how, despite the fact they haven't even kissed, both begin the scene assuming they'll stick together, though they disagree as to how.) The writing is quite sharp, too: Rick is totally wrong on the logic of the argument, but entirely justified in feeling frustrated with Evy, who is taking the obvious moral view but exasperatingly refuses to admit this whole fiasco is indeed her fault. (Not that she could really have known reading a book would unleash the potential End of the World, but, still, facts are facts.) Finally, there's that music sting/transition at the end of the scene which plays like a sitcom cue, but also smoothly leads us into the bar scene which follows. In a movie with all kinds of action, horror, and supernatural beats, with the villainous mummy finally unleashed, this one scene, about exactly halfway through the movie, is pure rom-com, and I love every second of it. :blush:

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a kid i always will remember this movie scene
And...
Although other people also hate this scene.

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lotta love for Clint and Dirty Harry here, thumbs up :)

Not the chase itself, but just the few shots when Scorpio sees Harry on the bridge, first 20 seconds of the clip...
Always has that hair-stands-on-the-back-of-the-neck quality for me.

I'll stick to the car chases here for a moment and argue that Friedkin tried to outdo himself in To Live and Die in LA
but there's way too much wtf moments, as Sinbad says, that are throwing me out of it,
so The French Connection car/subway chase is still No. 1 in my book.
Frankenheimer had Popeye chase Frog One on foot in Connection II,
but I think he came close with Paris car chase in Ronin.

And then there's this oddball car chase in Russian 2006 movie Junk.
Seeing that RWD Lada swerving all over the road always crack me up :D

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
Spiderman 3 > at least half of the MCU output
  :p:p

giphy.gif

I'm sorry, even though I think Spider-Man 3 is ok right now, I believe all of the MCU films are better than Spider-Man 3. Iron Man 2 is close though. The rest, no contest.

Just my opinion though ofc... You'd post the same gif if I said The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is one of the best comic book movies I've ever seen, which IMHO it is; like, top 15 at least. Spider-Man 2 is still the best by far though (Top 3).

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agreed on Spidey 2, that's my favourite superhero movie period so probably explains my defence of Spidey 3 to some extent, I won't deny it has a few issues but the good far outweighs the bad for me.  I' prefer it to Incredible Hulk, Thor 1 and 2, Iron Man 2 and 3, Avengers Ultron, Doctor Strange, Black Panther and most definitely Homecoming. I'd take AMS2 over Homecoming too..

Top Bottom