• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Avisynth script problem

FreeTime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
(I posted this in another area, but thought it wasn't the correct place, so I decided to put it in a more 'general' place)

Hi, haven't been here in almost 5 years. I wanted to make an edit for my father-in-law. I remembered just about everything on how to do this, but I have run into one problem I just can't seem to suss out. Hoping someone here is willing to help.

I am creating a Star trek edit of The Menagerie (and using footage from The Cage and a variety of other TOS eps to create something new).
I'll be using the prepared avi files in Adobe Premier to do the editing.

Here's my workflow:
* Used dvdfab12 (latest version) to copy part one of The Menagerie (I'll be using both, eventually, but am initially working the first part now)
* Used pgcdmux create the .m2v file
* Used DGIndex to create the dv2 file
* Created my AVS script exactly as Captain Khajiit shows it in his guide
* The correct dll from DGIndex is in the Avisynth folder
* Using VirtualDub 1.10.4 (with the plugin MPEG2.vdplugin in the plugins folder)

When I open VirtualDub, then try to open my script (File->open video->Script 1.avs), I get an error saying that "there is no fucntion named TFM . . ."

My script looks like this, and is saved as a .avs:
Mpeg2Source("D:\Downloads\test\VideoFile.d2v")
TFM()
TDecimate()

What am I doing incorrectly? Am I missing a step, or some dll that needs to be in Vdub or Avisynth?
It's been over 5 years since I did any of this and I am operating mostly from memory. . .

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in adance,
FT

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm definitely no expert with avisynth, but have gotten a few scripts to work. One thought that occurred to me when looking up the TFM reference is this: do you have the TIVTC library installed? http://avisynth.nl/index.php/TIVTC

FreeTime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm definitely no expert with avisynth, but have gotten a few scripts to work. One thought that occurred to me when looking up the TFM reference is this: do you have the TIVTC library installed? http://avisynth.nl/index.php/TIVTC

<FOREHEAD SLAP!>

That was the exact problem! I was so focused on the DGIndex .dll that I completely forgot about TDeint.dll and TIVTC.dll.

Thanks Racer for the input, that solved my issue.

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No worries, we all do it from time to time. I'm glad it solved your problem.

Top Bottom