• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Avengers: The Infinity War

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi fellow Marvel Fans 

I have decided to make a edit of Avengers Infinity War.
This will not be a major edit but a small one.
Now i really liked IW but there are a lot of jokes that don't land and some lines that would be better if left out. So that's exactly what i am going to do.
I also Changed the opening of the movie to the Gamora flashback and added some other themes to the movie. 

Previews:

Hulk:

Thanos:

Iron man 3 Theme: 

Doctor Strange Theme:

Password: avengers

https://vimeo.com/user96565591/review/326082268/4da8552261[/video]

No ice cream talk:

No Drax Joke 

Password: avengers

https://vimeo.com/user96565591/review/326082431/ece0c7d986[/video]

Don't be afraid to reply if you have any questions or suggestions. 

Cheers

ErnestoTheEditor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty good work so far if I may say so myself
I think your approach with Hulk's appearance was the best of the three edits showcased here,it isn't too visually jarring nor does it seem out of place.I understand that having Loki say "We have a hulk!" was a nice callback to Avengers 1 but it makes no sense if Loki's attempt was to surprise Thanos.I'd recommend turning down or removing the music completely from the scene if possible leaving only Hulk's roar in it for a better viewing experience.

I haven't noticed any changes in the second clip,maybe a more harsher Hulk voice while Hulk transitioned into Banner perhaps?

As for the third edit,I didn't see the point in it,it seems very out of place since the fight in New York is more of a slug fest than an epic battle(which seems to be more appropriate for the IM 3 theme),Also it just seems like you overlayed the theme on the entire scene(which,if you were just testing it out,works) and hence I wasn't able to make much of it.Also,if you really want to use the theme in the New York fight,use it the moment we see spidey first on screen,that'd be really cool and emphasize the Tony-Peter connection we have been seeing since Civil War.

Looking forward to this one once it's done!

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the first 2 clips but not the 3rd with the replaced music. It seems distracting to the action and out of place for me. I too look forward to the finished edit.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to In-The-Works.  Fix/Mix is for completed edits by approved editors.

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
JeremiahTheArchibald said:
Pretty good work so far if I may say so myself
I think your approach with Hulk's appearance was the best of the three edits showcased here,it isn't too visually jarring nor does it seem out of place.I understand that having Loki say "We have a hulk!" was a nice callback to Avengers 1 but it makes no sense if Loki's attempt was to surprise Thanos.I'd recommend turning down or removing the music completely from the scene if possible leaving only Hulk's roar in it for a better viewing experience.

I haven't noticed any changes in the second clip,maybe a more harsher Hulk voice while Hulk transitioned into Banner perhaps?

As for the third edit,I didn't see the point in it,it seems very out of place since the fight in New York is more of a slug fest than an epic battle(which seems to be more appropriate for the IM 3 theme),Also it just seems like you overlayed the theme on the entire scene(which,if you were just testing it out,works) and hence I wasn't able to make much of it.Also,if you really want to use the theme in the New York fight,use it the moment we see spidey first on screen,that'd be really cool and emphasize the Tony-Peter connection we have been seeing since Civil War.

Looking forward to this one once it's done!

I'll think about changing the 3d clip and what i changed in the second one was that i removed doctor strange saying who after bruce says that thanos is coming because i think he should know who thanos is

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am extremely excited for this edit. I really need this. My attempts to re-watch Infinity War really had me noticing all the misplaced jokes, and I just couldn't enjoy it as much.
My other complaint about the movie is the shaky camera in some scenes, but I don't suppose you plan on fixing that?

Also, your 4th and 6th clips are blocked.

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I am extremely excited for this edit. I really need this. My attempts to re-watch Infinity War really had me noticing all the misplaced jokes, and I just couldn't enjoy it as much.
My other complaint about the movie is the shaky camera in some scenes, but I don't suppose you plan on fixing that?

Also, your 4th and 6th clips are blocked.

It should work now

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heads-up, no download links. At all. Removed them from the original post. Stick with YouTube/Vimeo, they're easier to view anyway. :)

Also, try Vimeo if your YouTube videos are getting blocked. Use passwords for best results. :)

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Heads-up, no download links. At all. Removed them from the original post. Stick with YouTube/Vimeo, they're easier to view anyway. :)

Also, try Vimeo if your YouTube videos are getting blocked. Use passwords for best results. :)

I will use vimeo in the future, thanks

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have good news today.
The rough cut is now done, if you want to see it you now what do to.
Tell me what you want changed and what you liked

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome! What's the new runtime?

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ErnestoTheEditor said:
I have good news today.
The rough cut is now done, if you want to see it you now what do to.
Tell me what you want changed and what you liked

I'd be willing to give it a look

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I started watching this for the Academy review but unfortunately there is an overall framerate problem.

The blu-ray standard framerate is 23.9760 fps (24000/1001) progressive, so your edit should also be in that framerate. Instead it is this framerate:

40514741973_8c59dc3da0.jpg

Which is more like an NTSC-DVD framerate, which your HD source isn't. The result is your editing or encoding program trying to compensate by duplicating, or skipping frames and blending two frames together e.g.

46565429515_f094e545b0_c.jpg

46565589015_729e92a8a2_c.jpg

It's most noticeable when there is a lot of movement in the frame from left-to-right, or top-to-bottom (which is a lot of this movie). The image is also pretty blurry, blocky and lacking in contrast but much of that may be down to the incorrect framerate.

You need to go back and check your source file is in the correct framerate, your project timeline's framerate and your output framerate (they should all be 23.976fps). Hopefully the error is just in the final product. If not, you may need to go back and re-rip your source, and/or change the framerate of your project and adjust the timing of the visual edits accordingly.

Let me know if I can help in any way. The tech guides on the forum are great too. Asking questions in the forum also works.

Before realizing the above problem was throughout the edit, I watched the first 15-mins. It all sounded good except this one change:

00.02.06 - The music from the Gamora prologue just ends before it has fully faded out. A little more smoothing is needed. Going from music, to total silence has to be extra, extra smooth so you may need to go to the film soundtrack to get the full clean music cue.

I really like the way you started with the Gamora flashback, it feeds nicely into the Thor scene and sets up the plotline and themes much better than the original cut.

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for trying to review it so quick TM2YC
That frame rate setting was totally my fault i can set it back to 24.
i'll also look at the gamora scene transition
and i'll sent the good version sometime tomorrow  

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]t[/font]

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ These are in the second version you sent me right? (Which has the framerate problem mentioned above fixed). Thanks.

Cavolon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
^ These are in the second version you sent me right? (Which has the framerate problem mentioned above fixed). Thanks.

Yep, im just posting some changes here

Top Bottom