• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Avengers: Assembled (Infinity War/Endgame Compression)

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
THIS EDIT IS NOW ON IFDB!
Banner-December-2019.jpg

Tagline: The epic two-in-one finale to the Infinity Saga.

Synopsis: An epic two-in-one edit of Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame. Seamlessly combining the two films, along with credits scenes from Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain Marvel. Additionally, there has been much cut from both films to remove some of the crappy dialogue and humour, to make for the most digestible and tolerable rewatch experience.

Intention: The purpose of this edit is to combine the stories of Infinity War and Endgame in a one-part edit, while quickening the pace of both films, making for a more digestible and entertaining rewatch experience.

I've seen enough of the simple stitching together of the two films with credits scenes. It's a great idea, and was inevitably going to happen, but I've seen dozens of people try their hand at it - hell, I did too (just for myself, and I shared it with people who wanted), and I wanna see something new done with these movies. I was surprised when I found out that nobody has made a shorter version of these films. Besides @"Cavolon"'s The Infinity War, a shortened version of Avengers: Infinity War, I couldn't find anything close to this being done. Guess we can't say that anymore...

Changelog:
Original Runtime: 342 minutes
New Runtime: 272 minutes
  • 0:00:00 - Added "FE.org" 'Netflix-style' card and my own "CJM" logo card
  • 0:00:06 - Gamora's flashback
  • 0:02:14 - Marvel Studios card
  • 0:02:50 - Asgardian Refugee Vessel
  • 0:11:34 - Cut Thanos "No ressurections this time"
  • 0:12:35 - Cut "sandwich" dialogue
  • 0:12:52 - Cut Strange/Wong "Who?"
  • 0:12:54 - Added custom "Avengers: Assembled" title card
  • 0:14:57 - Cut initial Sanctum dialogue, now starts with "This is it."
  • 0:15:33 - Cut "Ben and Jerry's" dialogue
  • 0:16:35 - Cut Banner "Like the Beatles?"
  • 0:17:29 - Cut "Moving your hair" dialogue
  • 0:25:40 - Cut Peter "That makes sense."
  • 0:28:41 - Cut Quill "Put on your mean faces."
  • 0:29:11 - Cut Guardians dialogue until "Wake him up."
  • 0:29:28 - Cut Guardians/Thor dialogue until "How do I open this thing?"
  • 0:29:57 - Cut "Imitating the god man." dialogue
  • 0:33:03 - Cut "Grenades" dialogue
  • 0:34:43 - Cut "Invisible" dialogue
  • 0:41:39 - Rearranged scenes, we now go from Knowhere to SCOTLAND instead of AVENGERS COMPOUND
  • 0:48:07 - Avengers Compound is now here
  • 0:48:14 - Cut initial Avengers Compound dialogue, now starts with "We gotta assume..."
  • 0:53:05 - Cut Peter "That didn't make sense"
  • 1:15:53 - Cut initial Vormir establishing shot with them at the BOTTOM of the mountain, added "Vormir" text over 'new' establishing shot
  • 1:22:42 - Cut "Starbucks" dialogue
  • 1:23:16 - Cut Cap/Bucky catch-up
  • 1:23:44 - Cut Shuri "I'm sure you did your best."
  • 1:27:34 - Cut Nat/Banner dialogue
  • 1:29:15 - Cut "Surrender?" dialogue
  • 1:29:42 - Cut Nat "Pissed her off."
  • 1:32:37 - Cut Thor "Only if I die."
  • 1:35:30 - Added light leaks to Hulkbuster looking up at Thor arriving
  • 1:41:15 - Cut Quill "Hard to catch."
  • 1:45:07 - Cut Okoye "Why was she up there?"
  • 1:48:23 - Cut Nat "That was gross."
  • 2:04:20 - Added Barton family dusting
  • 2:05:13 - Reinserted Titan dusting
  • 2:07:00 - Added Ant-Man and the Wasp credits scene dusting, cut up to "Going subatomic..."
  • 2:08:09 - Reinserted dead Vision/"Oh God" scene
  • 2:08:45 - Added Fury/Hill dusting, cut up to "What is it?"
  • 2:10:11 - Added Captain Marvel credits scene, with graphic match of the pager and "Three Weeks Later" text
  • 2:11:12 - Cut Stark/Nebula paper football, scene now starts with shot of Iron Man helmet
  • 2:16:01 - Cut Cap shaving
  • 2:17:37 - Cut Cap/Stark "Where is he now?" dialogue
  • 2:17:50 - Cut Stark/Rocket "Build a Bear" dialogue
  • 2:20:16 - Cut 'Where's Thanos' dialogue until "So where is he?"
  • 2:20:55 - Cut "What's different this time?" dialogue
  • 2:21:23 - Cut "Avengers: Endgame" title card
  • 2:22:23 - Cut Cap "I don't know what I'm gonna do..."
  • 2:23:36 - Cut continuity error with Captain Marvel jumping on Thanos
  • 2:26:46 - Cut 'support group' scene
  • 2:26:46 - Masked "San Francisco" text
  • 2:28:21 - Cut Scott's 'personal stuff'
  • 2:28:30 - Cut initial Avengers Compound dialogue, now starts with Scott 'buzzing'
  • 2:29:01 - Cut Scott "Anyone studied quantum physics?"
  • 2:35:52 - Cut 'picture with Ant-Man' dialogue
  • 2:35:59 - Cut Banner "Dab"
  • 2:45:11 - Cut scene on 'landing space'
  • 2:46:23 - Cut Banner "It's that bad." (repeated line)
  • 2:47:25 - Cut Fortnite/"noobmaster69" dialogue
  • 2:50:04 - Replaced Fortnite with The Big Lebowski behind Rocket "There's beer on the ship!"
  • 2:50:16 - Masked "Tokyo" text
  • 2:54:27 - Cut Clint suiting up scene
  • 2:54:49 - Cut Barton home scene
  • 2:56:01 - Cut Reality Stone scene
  • 2:57:37 - Cut "He's pretty good at that." dialogue
  • 3:00:33 - Cut Loki in cell on Asgard
  • 3:00:53 - Cut "Wine Cellar" dialogue
  • 3:01:49 - Cut Rocket "Chick with antenna"
  • 3:04:08 - Cut spoonfed information of "who else is looking for stones"
  • 3:04:15 - Cut initial Thanos' ship dialogue, now starts with arrival of Thanos
  • 3:07:33 - Cut Hulk "Stairs!"
  • 3:08:52 - Cut Hulk walking down stairs
  • 3:09:16 - Removed "AXE Body Spray" dialogue
  • 3:11:12 - Cut Cap v. Cap fight
  • 3:15:01 - Cut Thanos' dialogue about Nebula
  • 3:15:52 - Cut Frigga seeing Thor's eye (it's cooler if she just knows)
  • 3:18:34 - Mjolnir arrive immediately
  • 3:19:17 - Rearranged Quill dancing
  • 3:19:26 - Cut Nebula "Tool of a thief"
  • 3:20:15 - Cut "Wasn't always like this" dialogue
  • 3:20:33 - Added 'Light Rays' transition between Nebulas
  • 3:21:09 - Cut Thanos "Undo" dialogue
  • 3:21:35 - Added another 'Light Rays' transition between Nebulas
  • 3:25:15 - Cut "You're new here" dialogue
  • 3:28:16 - Cut Starks elevator dialogue
  • 3:29:33 - Removed dialogue from establishing shot of Starks
  • 3:30:58 - Cut Jarvis' dialogue
  • 3:31:03 - Cut Nebula v. Nebula
  • 3:33:12 - Cut Clint "How's it going"
  • 3:33:16 - Cut Clint "Whatever it takes."
  • 3:33:29 - Cut Clint "Damn you!"
  • 3:38:17 - Cut initial dock dialogue, now starts with "Supposed to be me..."
  • 3:39:06 - Cut Rocket "Boo!"
  • 3:50:40 - Cut Thanos "You won't be alive"
  • 3:50:55 - Cut Rocket's fake-sounding cry
  • 4:01:44 - Cut Gamora/Quill humour
  • 4:07:30 - Cut weirdly sexual "Hey Peter Parker."
  • 4:07:38 - Cut "She's got help"
  • 4:31:57 - Iron Man 'homage' is now directly after 'stylized' credits

9XNleSq.jpg

Please PM me if you'd like a link.

Last edited:

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Personally I’d recommend a name different from Avengers Assemble since 1) The UK name for Avengers 1 is already Avengers Assemble and 2) There is also a TV series of the same name.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Personally I’d recommend a name different from Avengers Assemble since 1) The UK name for Avengers 1 is already Avengers Assemble and 2) There is also a TV series of the same name.

I am aware of both of those, and, personally, I’m fine with the name overlap. I intentionally wanted a name without ‘Infinity’ in it, just cause lots of the edits are called ‘Infinity _’.

Unless I think of a really neat new name, I’m gonna stick to this one.

Thanks for the input, though! If you have any suggestions for the edit, please let me know!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Threads merged. The Fixes/Mixes Fanedits Forum is for approved editors only. Also, as recently mentioned in other Endgame edit threads:
Q2 said:
With "The Last Jedi" there are a number of people producing fanedits. This is great news for the fanediting community, however we do question their sources. While we are confident everyone here is sticking to our Own the Source rule and buying digital copies since the physical version isn't released until March 27, there is always the possibility some are using an illegal source.

Because of this concern we are instigating a new policy for newly released films when it comes to fanedits. Fanedits made of a new film (ex. "The Last Jedi") will not be accepted until 15 days after the physical media version is released. So in the case of our example, no fanedit of "The Last Jedi" will be accepted before April 12. This is for two reasons: it ensures people aren't rushing to release their edit and creating mediocre fanedits, and it gives us some peace of mind that people will continue to adhere to our rules.

Endgame edits cannot be submitted until the 28th of August as per this policy. Also, please do not create and delete multiple threads of the same project. Please feel free to PM a staff member with any questions you may have. Thanks!

Flounder

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, I really loved this edit and I had no problem with many of the cuts and changes you made. The only one I wasn't a fan of was cutting out the support group scene. I know you're not a fan of the scene (nor Joe Russo's acting), but it's personally one of my favorite moments in Endgame. I felt it really added to the movie slowing down after Thanos' decapitation to explore the world of the MCU post-Snap. I also feel the conclusion to Steve's character arc and story would be lessened without it, seeing as he talks to the support group about trying to move on and let things go, and yet he still can't let go of the fact that he never got his dance with Peggy after being buried in the ice for so long.

But that was my one and only gripe. Everything else is really great, and your editing is top-notch throughout. Excellent job, man.

stferguson78

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had an opportunity to watch this last night. Some very high quality visual editing throughout, the vast majority being seamless. The transition with the captain marvel pager was excellent. The only issue I noted was the transition between the two movies where the scene with Thanos first going to the Garden was relocated slightly to allow for the inclusion of hawkeye’s Family being snapped. This meant a bit of an abrupt cut back to Thor’s hammer falling out of the portal- perhaps better to cut straight to the avengers sitting in dismay & despair. Or maybe just cut out the scene with Thanos all together or move it to just before the scene with Fury & Hill. In a couple of spots the audio could be smoothed out as one piece of music ended slightly abruptly & another piece came in. However there was nothing major in that respect. Beyond that, any issues would come down to preferences over what was cut & what was left in. For example, I would have cut “why is gamora?” But retained black window conference call with remaining avengers at the start of Endgame with the discussion over Barton’s killing spree. Overall I would recommend this and, if the small issue I mentioned with the transition between the two movies was smoothed out it would be my go to version.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
With Passengers - Aurora pending approval (fingers crossed!), I figured I'd pick up on this edit again.

Flounder said:
The only one I wasn't a fan of was cutting out the support group scene.

I can understand this. And you gave good reasoning as to why you feel it shouldn't be cut, but I still feel it's unnecessary and, yes, Joe Russo's acting in the scene kinda ruins it.

stferguson78 said:
The only issue I noted was the transition between the two movies where the scene with Thanos first going to the Garden was relocated slightly to allow for the inclusion of hawkeye’s Family being snapped. This meant a bit of an abrupt cut back to Thor’s hammer falling out of the portal- perhaps better to cut straight to the avengers sitting in dismay & despair. Or maybe just cut out the scene with Thanos all together or move it to just before the scene with Fury & Hill.

I actually originally cut the garden scene altogether. But I thought about it some more and that scene was too iconic to cut. I didn't think it flowed anywhere during the "snappening", and I wasn't gonna change the transition between Fury/Hill and Captain Marvel. If I get more feedback against the way I did it, I may just cut it altogether again. But, thanks for the input!
stferguson78 said:
In a couple of spots the audio could be smoothed out as one piece of music ended slightly abruptly & another piece came in. However there was nothing major in that respect.

Any chance you could be more specific? I realize this was a while ago, but I'd like to know where you think the audio/music changes should be made.

Anyways. Thanks to both of you for your input. If anyone else would like to check out this edit, please PM me. It'd make my day!

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've made a few more edits, cutting the film down by only a few minutes, but every little bit helps.

I think a rewatch is in order for me anyways, so I'm going to export this and watch it at some point in the near future. I'll be taking notes on what more I can cut (as I feel that I could cut lots more, it's just hard to tell when everything's in a timeline) and what cuts I've made that don't work/need to be fixed in whatever way (technically or narrative-ly speaking)

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If anyone else is interested in checking out/providing feedback for this edit, please PM me!

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After rewatching the first 40 minutes of this edit, I took some notes and realized I could cut down on a lot more. The pacing is consistent where I've edited, but now it feels slow in the parts I've left. If I were to cut out some more stuff, not only would it obviously improve the runtime, but it'd fix the pacing inconsistencies which also would make for a more successful edit.

I think I can cut down on a lot more and I think it'd be feasible to get this edit down to under 4 hours if I tried.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's what I got so far for Mk. 4 (I'll update this until I've completed it, then integrate it back in the OP)

• Tried to cut Loki's "rightful king" micro-monologue
    • Audio was too difficult
  • Cut "No ressurrections this time."
    • How would Thanos know about these ressurections
  • Cut "moving your hair" dialogue

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm gonna try to post some clips of this edit tonight. I have a few in mind, will definitely include "The Snappening", maybe the Intro, and some of the more interesting transitions I made besides just simple removing of scenes/lines.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
And here's the second. It's "The Snappening" - the transition between Infinity War and Endgame. It's a little long, as I wanted to show all the cuts I have made:

Password: fanedit.org

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love what you've got going there, macmilln, but a few suggestions:
1) Could you perhaps cue the final scene of Infinity War in Thanos' garden after the shot of Thor looking down at the bloodstained Stormbreaker (and maybe extend the accompanying music)? In my view, it serves as a much smoother transition. As soon as the scene ends, cut back to Steve walking up to Thor.
2) Smoothen the audio transition with the thunder foley before the Barton ranch scene.
3) Is there a way to remove (or reduce) Alan Silvestri's score during the transition between Steve's "Oh, God" and Fury & Hill's deaths to provide a seamless transition? I think the same can be asked in regards to the shot of Tony turning on his helmet, just to be on the safe side.
4) Remove the flash between Steve's "Let's go get this SOB" and the following shot in the sky. A simple cut shall suffice.

Other than that, good job!

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Motleys Fanedits said:
I love what you've got going there, macmilln, but a few suggestions:
1) Could you perhaps cue the final scene of Infinity War in Thanos' garden after the shot of Thor looking down at the bloodstained Stormbreaker (and maybe extend the accompanying music)? In my view, it serves as a much smoother transition. As soon as the scene ends, cut back to Steve walking up to Thor.
2) Smoothen the audio transition with the thunder foley before the Barton ranch scene.
3) Is there a way to remove (or reduce) Alan Silvestri's score during the transition between Steve's "Oh, God" and Fury & Hill's deaths to provide a seamless transition? I think the same can be asked in regards to the shot of Tony turning on his helmet, just to be on the safe side.
4) Remove the flash between Steve's "Let's go get this SOB" and the following shot in the sky. A simple cut shall suffice.

Other than that, good job!

Thanks for the feedback! I'll take all of it into consideration.

1) I think I'm actually gonna remove the garden. I was intent on keeping it, but that is the only place where I'd like it to be, and I agree that it's too jarring where it is. 

2) Could you be more specific? This sounds fine to me and I actually thought it sounded really good when I made the cut. Not saying the issue is there, but I gotta know what it is before I can fix it.

3) The mixing for this movie is pretty bad, I'll play around some more with filters, etc. but I don't think I'll have much luck. Endgame's mixing is a little better, but I still don't think I'll be able to remove the background music accompanying Tony's helmet anymore than I already have.

4) Agreed.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for taking my suggestions into account, Mac. Regarding the Barton ranch scene, I think the thunder SFX cuts off a little too early. I might be in the minority on this, but it could benefit with a better fade-out.

I look forward to seeing your latest version of this edit!

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm a big fan of the transition from the Nick Fury scene to the Cpt Marvel post credits scene, the match cut with the pager and the time card appearing with the beeps, excellent work! 

I think the Garden transition can be made better, maybe leaving in the full shot of Stormbreaker dropping before it cuts away.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
I'm a big fan of the transition from the Nick Fury scene to the Cpt Marvel post credits scene, the match cut with the pager and the time card appearing with the beeps, excellent work! 

I think the Garden transition can be made better, maybe leaving in the full shot of Stormbreaker dropping before it cuts away.

Thanks! As I mentioned to Motley, I think I’m just gonna drop the Garden scene. It’s cool but I don’t think it fits anywhere, I may try very quickly to put it there, but I think I’d rather just get rid of it.

Top Bottom