• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Avengers Age Of Ultron The De-Whedoned Cut

Kikanator96

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
avengers-age-of-ultron-5627c2a58fdf2.jpg

"Avengers Age Of Ultron is a little more grown up than the first one, a little scarier, a little funkier." Joss Whedon. 

THAT WAS A LIE! The goal is to keep that original promise. Removing the worst of the humor, creating a threatening villain and tightening up the pace of the final act, transforming the movie from an underwhelming letdown into a worthwhile sequel to the original. 

Cuts:
- Natasha: "Thank you" to Hulk.
- Thor: "They are lining up." Cap: "Well they are excited."
- Tony: "Guys...lets talk. It was a good talk." Guard: "No it wasn't."
- The bizarre sped up 3 steps Wanda takes before closing the door after attacking Cap.
- Tony and Thors ego measuring contest about which of their girlfriends is better.
- Bruce landing on Natashas Boobs.
- Ultron: "That was dramatic."
- No Strings On Me Song removed from Ultron escaping to Struckers lab scene, replaced with more creepy and dramatic music cue.
- Ultron: "People create... smaller people... CHILDREN! I lost the word there. Children."
- Ultron: "But also... yeah."
- Tony: And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us."
- Klaue talking about cuttlefish and Pietro taking the candy.
- Ultron: "I'm sorry. ooooh. I'm sure that is going to be okay I just don't understand!"
- Thor: "Nobody has to break anything." Ultron: "Clearly you never made an omelette." Tony, he beat me by one second."
- Ultron "I can't physically throw up in my mouth."
- Tony: "What are you going to do?" Nick: "I don't know, something dramatic, I hope."
- Ultron: I'm not being pushy."
- Ultron rolling his eyes.
- Ultron "NO WAIT! GUYS! UHH AHH"
- Cap, Thor and Pietro individually fighting robots while Vision is erasing Ultron from the internet. 
- Cap: "If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you get killed, walk it off."
- Hulk scaring woman and child.
- Weird cut to Wanda after she attacks robot before she hides with Clint in building. 
- Cap and Thor saving people from falling to their death... and then bringing them back up onto the floating city...
- Ultron: "Thor! You're bothering me!"
- Pietro punching the air and then getting shot.
- Number 6 is topped and locked or stocked and..." 
- Ultron bot attacks Helicarrier. 
- Vision: "It is terribly well-balanced." Thor: "Well if there's too much weight, you lose power in the swing, so..."
- Tony: "Romanoff, you and Banner better not be playing hide the zucchini." Nat: "Relax shell head, not all of us can fly."
- Avengers Fighting in the church trimmed, including the 90 degrees sideways shot of Thor. 
- Ultron: "You know... with the benefit of hindsight."
- Pietro: "You know... I'm 12 minutes older than you."
- Clint and Nat driving in an Audi. 
- Ultron singing. 
- Ultron: "Oh for god’s sake!" Instead, we see him turn his head from the scene where he is singing.

Added Scenes:
- Pietro and Wanda Scene before they meet Ultron.
- Thor "They don't see what's coming!" After his pool vision.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This seems like a highly personal list of the things that you didn't like in the film. More power to you, as there are already a number of other edits so yours would need to stand out in some way. Personally, I love Joss Whedon's work and quite enjoy Age of Ultron, but I did wish that Ultron himself wasn't so snarky and jokey. It didn't jibe with the character. I guess my ideal edit would add in most of the deleted scenes and just trim Ultron's humor. I'm fine with other characters making jokes or being a bit irreverent at times... otherwise you end up with a film with no peaks and valleys, just all oppressive darkness. But that's just me.

HollywooD

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This seems like a highly personal list of the things that you didn't like in the film. More power to you, as there are already a number of other edits so yours would need to stand out in some way. Personally, I love Joss Whedon's work and quite enjoy Age of Ultron, but I did wish that Ultron himself wasn't so snarky and jokey. It didn't jibe with the character. I guess my ideal edit would add in most of the deleted scenes and just trim Ultron's humor. I'm fine with other characters making jokes or being a bit irreverent at times... otherwise you end up with a film with no peaks and valleys, just all oppressive darkness. But that's just me.
I agree in the sense of SOME of the characters chucking in a bit of humour here and there but Joss Wheden has one mode in this movie; make everyone quip like Tony Stark and it undercuts the drama at every single turn. The Russo's I think show how it's supposed to be balanced (makes me shudder to think of what Whedon's take on Thanos could've been).

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Responded in a spoiler, HollywooD, as this thread should be more about Kikanator96's edit.
Now see, I feel the Russos films had far too much joking whereas Whedon's didn't. For me, the difference is in having characters respond with witty dialogue that is in character and particular to them. Versus having characters actually make jokes (where the only purpose of the dialogue is to go for the laugh) and the joke is interchangeable and could've been said by anyone.

In short: Whedon's dialogue has a voice for each character. If Hulk has a funny moment, it's in a different way than Tony, which is different than Hawkeye....and that's pretty much it for funny Avengers in this film. The big issue I had was making Ultron very funny, in an effort to make him similar to Tony (his "father"). I think it was misguided, but I know a lot of people love that.

When Markus and McFeeley write (and don't get me wrong, I like their writing), the comedy doesn't come about as much as a result of individual voices. They're sloppier about giving comedy lines to characters they don't fit. "Yo, underoos!" in Civil War is not Tony comedy. Thor and Star Lord's jokes were basically interchangeable in the last two films. Since Tony got more serious in Endgame, suddenly War Machine becomes Mr. Biting Sarcasm. etc. To me, Age of Ultron felt more serious than either of the last two Avengers films, and the stakes in those were so much higher... the humor felt much more disruptive of the tone. Ugh, and don't even get me started on Banner's banter.

fewntug

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lmk if you need a tester. Also, idk if you've seen the Extinction edition that Bobson made, but a lot of deleted scenes were touched up. Might be worth lookin' at and maybe scoring permission on.

Top Bottom