• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

AVCHD Seamless Branching

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm currently putting the finishing touches on my Alien 3 fanedit and want to utilize seamless branching. It looks fairly straightforward, but because I love releasing in AVCHD as well I was curious if DVD Lab Pro can also build AVCHD discs. There is no information on the official site so I assume the answer is no, but I thought someone here who has used it can confirm. If it CAN, is it possible to do seamless branching with AVCHD as well?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is no help whatsoever, but I thought I've heard that doing seamless branching is not very seamless if you aren't a professional authoring house.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, it is not. I have seen some fanedits that use it (Az's Silent Hill: Restless Dreams or Boon's Red Dragon and War of the Worlds) and the movie does noticeably freeze for a while before the change.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
'Nuff said. Two versions will be released then. Actually, this makes my life a lot simpler.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good idea, tc. Hell, most DL fanedits freeze noticeably for a bit at the layer change.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As Frink said, I don't think its possible to do "seamless" branching unless you are pressing the disc. You can do a decent job otherwise, and its probably through the use of playlists. Amount of freeze will vary depending on DVD player, as in layer breaks on DL discs (though more noticeable than layer breaks)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
8198f868-7911-4933-95ef-7c51a054cd2d.gif

Top Bottom