• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

AVCHD no video

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
apparently I've once again counted my chickens before they've hatched. I've had a terrible time with AVCHD in the past. Often when I create a disc, it plays in my PS3, but I only get audio output with no video. This happens a lot. For this recent project, I followed suggestions by geminigod and Captain K on encoding settings, and still the same problem. I've tried muxing with multiAVCHD and mkv2vob and I get the same result. I'm using imgburn to burn the disc. anyone have any insight?

Here is my workflow:

edit with vegas. output lagarith video and ac3 audio
encode to video with MeGUI
mux video and audio with mkvmerge

create avchd disc folders with multiAVCHD (and also mkv2vob).
burn with imgburn

disc plays in my PS3, but outputs audio only.

I think I used tsmuxer to make my Austin Powers AVCHD.

TV's Frink said:
I think I used tsmuxer to make my Austin Powers AVCHD.

ok, I'll give that a go too. Just curious, but what did you use to encode (MeGUI?) and what were your settings?

"AVCHD is a dead format."

- [MENTION=4627]reave[/MENTION]

lol. It won't break my heart if I can't get it going since I have the MKV which can be played via a flash drive, but still, its really annoying.

I used MeGUI but I don't recall the settings, I had a lot of help from the good Captain. Having said that, I have a bunch of his PMs I can dig through later. Send me a reminder PM.

LOL, Frink is a hoarder. Seriously though, I have a handful of your helpful PMs squirreled away for later reference.

I ran a different encode today while at work, and will give TSmuxer a try when I get home. Pending failure, I'll likely be contacting the two of you.

When the PS3 plays audio but not video, it usually means that it does not like the video stream. I hate AVCHD and never use it, so any advice that I posted about it is probably quite old; nonetheless, try the following.

Code:
Avisource()
ConverttoYV12(matrix="Rec709")#assuming "computer RGB" input

Use this command-line. It assumes 23.976 fps input. Change to the average bitrate to whatever you want. (I don't use GUIs much these days.)

Code:
"x264.exe" --pass 1 --bitrate 4500 --bluray-compat --level 4.0 --preset slow --keyint 48 --min-keyint 2 --tune film --sar 1:1 --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 14000 --b-pyramid none --weightp 0 --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --stats ".stats" --output NUL "input.avs"
"x264.exe" --pass 2 --bitrate 4500 --bluray-compat --level 4.0 --preset slow --keyint 48 --min-keyint 2 --tune film --sar 1:1 --vbv-bufsize 14000 --vbv-maxrate 14000 --b-pyramid none --weightp 0 --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --stats ".stats" --output "output.264" "input.avs"

Load the video and audio into tsMuxeR. Uncheck Add picture timing info and Continually insert SPS/PPS. Mux to AVCHD.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. :)

Back
Top Bottom