• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Automatic Subtitle Script

unfair

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wasn't sure if this belonged in Fanediting Software or File Conversions, but I've seen a bunch of people complain about how hard or tedious it is to subtitle their edits. I usually do mine during the edit, but I made a script that allows you to subtitle your edits after the fact, or easily create foreign subtitles if you wish.

Your edits need to be done in Premiere Pro to use it, although I may make a Davinci Resolve version if there's significant demand. But out of the box the XML that Resolve outputs is a bit different so it won't work with this version. Basically you export your edit as XML from Premiere, run it through another script I provide to clean it up a bit and fix the buggy Adobe XML, and then give this script that cleaned XML file, along with SRT subtitle files for any movies or episodes you used in your edit.

This script will then go through the XML and figure out which subtitles from the SRT files it needs for your edit, rearrange them in the proper order and adjust their timecodes, and then output a new SRT file just for your edit. It will give you warnings about any subtitles that it isn't sure about - ones that don't fully overlap an audio clip, and you can use the information it gives you to manually check those.

This can be a way to save you time if you forgot to subtitle an edit, or you can use it to make foreign language subtitles for your edit. For example you'd want to make an English subtitle file for your edit, and then based off the manual edits you make to clean up that file, you should be able to make nearly perfect subtitles in other languages. If you delete the subtitle at 02:35:12,056 in the english version, do the same in the spanish and french versions, for instance.

Here's the tutorial and download link: bestedit.net/premiere-pro-automatic-subtitles/

Let me know if you have any problems or anything in the tutorial is unclear.

Back
Top Bottom