• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Authoring a TV DVD

5acrifice

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am taking TV shows and throwing them onto DVDs. I have xVid rips or most of my stuff... some is mpeg etc... but my question is what is the easiest and best DVD authoring program to use without hindering the quality of the shows?

I convert my .avi to VCD/MPEG1 29,97 frames/second and resample the audio to 48000 and can put about 8 to 10 episdoes on a single layer disc. Kind of like the Birds Of Prey series that was posted.

If your DVD player will play .avi file then the newest version of TMPGEnc DVD Author has DivX authoring. Then you don't have to convert them.

If your not interested in doing any editing to them this is the easiest way I've found.

Run episodes through AVIMux-GI this will check for any sych problems and adjust the files accordingly. Then use CovertX to DVD. Add files and use a simple still menu, it usually takes about 2 hours to convert 160 minutes of video in pretty good quality.

I used to use VSO ConvertXtoDVD, but I recently did seasons 1 & 2 of 12oz. Mouse on 1 DVD (20 episodes @ 11min each) using Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD's DVD Maker option and the quality was about as good as it was on the computer; complete with menus (main and "episode" [chapter] select and music). The bitrate was low, but it's a cartoon you can only enjoy under heavy dosage of mind altering substances, so it's alright. I recommend giving it a shot, as I know I will use it again for sure. If not, you can always go the VSO route, tried-n-true. ;)

As a note if it wasn't clear: this'll make you an actual authored DVD, not just a DVD full of XviD/MPEG files.

Back
Top Bottom