• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Audio stream of AVI file not being imported in Vegas

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't know why this is, but Vegas is not importing the audio correctly when I try to import an AVI file:
1. when the audio is encoded as AC3 into the AVI file, no audio appears on the timeline (nor can any audio be heard)
2. when the audio is encoded as MP3 in the AVI, Vegas can import it, but it squeezes the audio of the entire film (2+ hours) down to a mere 11 minutes.

Any ideas?

from everything i've found... Vegas doesn't accept AC3 into the timeline at all. as for the mp3... don't know. i've found some mp3's to work and some haven't. haven't found out why. :(

what are you using to convert this to avi?

I'm using the latest release of Auto Gordian Knot to create an xvid-encoded AVI file from a DVD (although xvid shouldn't be interfering with the audio).

there should be an option for "auto" or something like that when it comes to the audio.... i always just click that and just let it take care of it, and it works fine. can't remember exactly what the option is... i'm not at home right now.

Yeah, but with Auto, the audio remains as AC3 which can't be imported into Vegas with the video

are you muxing the audio and video files before you use AutoGK?
if not, you should do so..... use this....

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ImagoMPEG-Muxer

this is also assuming you are using the same basic procedures as me....
rip the video file off with dvd decryptor, then mux it back together with imago mpeg muxer, then use the muxed file with AutoGK to get a file that you get import to vegas.... at least that's what i do, and it's worked for me.

if you still can't get it to work.... try besweet..... can convert your ac3 file to wav.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/B ... -1704.html

No, I'm just creating the AVI from the ripped DVD's IFO file in Auto GK. I'll try the ImagoMPEG first, and if that doesn't work, I'll try the other software.

ok... good luck :)

just using besweet would be the easiest i think.... just use it on that file with the ac3 audio... and convert it to wav....

any luck jasonN?

by the way, i like your avatar ;) was a very cool shot in the movie.

Not yet - I'm going through ADigitalMan's MPEG2/AC3 Editing guide to do the IFO ripping method (it's not the one I've been using to rip DVDs)

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try it out yet:
I tried installing an update to Nero on my workstation recently and for God knows what reason, it completely f#*ked up my system, so now I'm busy with doing an entire reinstall of my system. :p

Back
Top Bottom