• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

audio questions for Sony Vegas

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK I need some Vegas help.I am running Vegas 7.0d,and I am following ADM's guide,but I am not sure on some of this,here goes:

1 - where is the create a 5.1 surround DVD project button at?
2 - I can load the stereo wav created by Womble and know how to mute it,but where do you load all 6 mono files to?
3 - he says drag each of the mono files into individual tracks,and label them so you know which is which,well whre are the tracks?
4 - how do you set up the correct sound panning,I know which file is which because Hypercube labels them,but how do I set them to the correct channel in Vegas?
5 - when you do your editing how can you zoom in on the file,and can you edit a single track at a time?
6 - how do you do the crossfades and music looping(if you have a deleted acene and you want the music to carry over into your new scene)
7 - how can you increase\decrease the volume of a specific scene?
8 - can the video be loaded as well,or is ths all done by sound only?

sorry for all the questions but this whole Vegas thing is a little confusing.

I am finishing up my secondling FanEdit,all video is done,sound is done for the most part just need to fine tune some of it, if I can figure this Vegas shit out.

thanks for the help guys

DJ

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am no pro, but off the top of my head (I am at work now) here is what I can help with

1) not sure off the top of my head
2) each mono file will need to be added separately. You can either drag and drop into timeline from a windows folder, or your file navigator in Vegas
3)see #2
4) not sure off the top of my head
5) there is a zoom button on the bottom right of the timeline, and one on the toolbar above the timeline, play with those a bit
6) for crossfades, you have to drag your audio clip over the previous one. The amount you drag it over, is the amount of crossfade. The fades are then adjusted (type) in the upper right hand corner of the clip in the timeline. clicking on there brings up the options. Also if you left click on that corner and drag to the left, you can create a fade-out. for music looping, you may need to copy and paste a portion of the audio. Drag for fades as mentioned above.
7) you may be able to add keyframes, but not sure off the top of my head.
8 ) you can add the video too. it cannot however be a m2v file, vegas cant recognize that. either add the entire AVI or MPG and then delete that audio portion if you would rather work on your individual wav files. To separate the audio from video, right click on the file in the timeline, go to group, and remove from group. You can then delete that audio track, and add your individual wav files

sorry if that is a little confusing, but I dont have Vegas in front of me. I hope this is of some help

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
2) each mono file will need to be added separately. You can either drag and drop into timeline from a windows folder, or your file navigator in Vegas
Yes, but you also need to make it so the Track will play only in the Channel that it's suppose to (ex. the audio track for the Front Right Channel only plays in that channel, etc.).

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you can adjust that on the settings for the file I think. again, I dont have vegas in front of me, so I am recalling off the top of my head

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
to add an audio track (or video track) simply drag it to a point underneath the bottom-most track and drop it... it will automatically create a new track for it. then you can drag the entire track up to another point if you wish.

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks alot guys for the info,and if you find yourself at home sitting in front of Vegas and think of anything else,please by all means add it.

thanks again

DJ

lewis886

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
definitely go thru the tutorials... if you haven't yet..... they are very helpful.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lewis886 said:
definitely go thru the tutorials... if you haven't yet..... they are very helpful.

yeah, that was lewis' advice to me when I started and it has been super-helpful. Just do a google search for Sony Vegas tutorials, there are a lot of great ones out there, especially with graphics showing you exactly what to do. If I can find the bookmarks to any that I found particularly useful, I will post them. But for now, I strongly recommend just googling for tutorials. Will be very helpful

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
can you provide links to the ones you used?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cant find them, but I saved a bunch of stuff in a pdf. I will upload that later today for you DJ

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
cant find them, but I saved a bunch of stuff in a pdf. I will upload that later today for you DJ

thanks a bunch

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here it is: VEGAS TUTORIAL & TIPS

I cant remember where I got this stuff, but it was a big help in just familiarizing myself with vegas, and trying some things out. I hope this helps you out some

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for that guide Throw,but is that for 2 channel audio,looks like 2,do you have one for 6 channel audio,or will it be the same?

still trying to figure out how to start a DVD 5.1 surround sound project in Vegas,like in ADM's guide.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have never done a 5.1 surround in vegas, so this information is probably for 2, although I am sure that most of it is applicable to 5.1

Top Bottom