• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Audio Output Glitch

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK fellow Mac'ers. I've run into a problem and want to see if anyone out there has experienced this and knows of a possible solution that is shorter than the two I am considering.

In FCP I have built out my 5.1 audio and everything seems perfect. I output 5 mono wav files via export to Quicktime movie, then use those in compressor to build my 5.1 audio.

for some reason, the final product, at roughly 3/4 of the way through is out of sync, it seems to be holding a previous point of reference which no longer exists, a point where I USED to have an edit, it's like the audio is glued there, but in the timeline it is fine. I can't figure it out.

My two current solutions would be to take the AC3, run it through streamclip to get my discrete channels again, bring them into FCP and try and line them up properly and splice it all together, then send back out again and hope it all sticks.

the other option is to simply rebuild the edit from scratch. That actually isn't the end of the world as the edit is terribly complex (compared to my previous two edits).

But if anyone has seen this before, and more importantly figured out a way to not reinvent the entire thing from scratch, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Damn 1's and 0's. Without being able to explain why, this issue has gone away. Re-outputting the individual files a 3rd time, with virtually no changes made has finally produced what appears to be a good 5.1 mix. I need to listen all the way through, but everything appears to be in sync now.

The glitch may have been from a previous render. If it happens again I'd recommend clearing out your audio cache and re-render. Should fix the problem.

Back
Top Bottom