• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Audio out of sync in motion menu

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, after some fuss I got my motion menu video clip working properly. I import it as an mpg and at the same time add an AC3 5.1 track to the audio.

I render motion and DVD Lab Pro converts it to an m2v. When I compile and burn the DVD, the audio for the motion menu is out of sync. I've double checked that the original files are in sync by loading them into the Womble, where I made them in the first place.

I also imported the M2V into Womble and sure enough it was out of sync with the audio there too. Obviously something's gone wrong with the rendering process by which DVD Lab Pro made the M2V, but I don't know what else to do, since it won't not convert the video.

How do I get the audio back in sync? Is it related to the cross fade option for the video? I just ticked it, because Boon had it ticked in his guide, but maybe I shouldn't have.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
convert the audio to 2.0 (192kps) it should stay in sync then.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No; I tried converting to 192 kps stereo 2.0 and it's still out of sync. This is actually really annoying me now. I thought DVD Lab Pro was supposed to be good. The clips were in sync before it had to convert the video.

EDIT: Forget it. If the program can't convert a simple video file without messing it up, it's not worth bothering with. I'll use a still for the main menu and an animated scene selection menu.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well your doing something wrong... does your total clip time match your menu time?

154bww3.jpg

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yep! Certainly did. I input the exact time more than once and various approximations of it. If I imported the resulting m2v into Womble, the video was squeezed, so it no longer matched the audio.

I got sick of compiling the DVD thirty times only to find it out of sync, and there's no audio preview available, unless you have a multiplexed file, which I also imported, and still no audio preview.

Don't worry. I've gone with a still.

Thanks for trying to help. I really really appreciate it, AvP. :)

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
here is an idea to throw around. Try another pgoram BUT input your menu clip as a regular play item. See if it keeps your clip insync or not. If you lose the sync then this is an issue with your video stream (possible gop??) and not the program

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Right, I have this problem again. I am desperately trying to make a motion menu for my next edit, but once again the menu is out of sync. The video and audio are perfectly in time in Womble - right down to the last frame. They are the same time down to the last millisecond. The file plays in sync in VLC and every other program, but the moment I try to make a motion menu out of it, they are out of sync.

The video starts where it is supposed to start, but the audio starts a few seconds in to audio the track and the bit of the music that should be at the beginning plays at the end. I have now experienced this problems in DVD Lab Pro and in Womble's DVD maker with many different files.

Surely someone must have come across this problem before. You guys make motion menus all the time. For some reason DVD menu programs seem to start the audio with a delay and I don't know what to do about it.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't recall having had this problem before. Is your audio ac-3 2.0? Because 5.1 is no good for menus.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes; my audio is AC-3 2.0 192 kbps. I've also tried WAV, but it doesn't help. :( Thanks, Boon. I'd hate to have to make another still menu in place of this, but it looks awful out of sync.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
could you upload the motion menu and the audio and send me the link?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Khajiit said:
I have now experienced this problems in DVD Lab Pro and in Womble's DVD maker with many different files.

Surely someone must have come across this problem before. You guys make motion menus all the time. For some reason DVD menu programs seem to start the audio with a delay and I don't know what to do about it.

I use DVD Architect, and have not experienced this problem. It sounds like it could be that the audio is set to start at a different point. This is possible with loop points. Do you have the audio set to start at the same point as the video, and are any loop points set that are different than the start of the video? I don't use DVD Lab Pro, so I can't give specific comments. sorry.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
At the moment I'm trying in Womble (new version). I had problems with DVD Lab Pro (trial) in the past in exactly the same way with my first edit and never managed to fix it. I find it really strange that this always happens, no matter what program I use.

I'll put the trial of DVD Lab Pro on another computer and try with that as well. If not I'll upload the video and audio. Shall I upload it muxed or as separate files? I've tried both.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate it. :smile: EDIT: Extra thanks to Boon for helping me out via PM. :grin:

Top Bottom