• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Audio Longer than Video, After Importing - Adobe Premiere

tizzeres

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello,
I'm attempting to fanedit an episode of the TV Series 'The Clone Wars (2008)'.

First, I have the BD rip - an MKV file for the episode 'Rising Malevolence'.
Using the program MediaInfo, I see that the video has a length of 24mins and 21secs. It also has an already constant framerate of 23.976.
The Video Stream is VC - 1. In order to be able to edit it, I use the program Hybrid to convert the video into a Cineform HD MOV, with film scan 2. The new video file, within MediaInfo, remains 24mins and 21 secs - and still has the 23.976 FPS.
I then use the program Eac3To to transcode the 5.1 ac3 audio into a 5.1 wave file. The audio file length is also 24mins and 21secs.

And then, once I import the video file and audio file into premiere - I reach my slight problem. The video clip length is 24mins and 20secs - which would not be an issue - expect the audio clip length is 24mins and 21secs. And there you have it. For some reason my audio file, once imported, is an extra second longer than the video - or, more like, the video is a second behind what it is said to be by MediaInfo. I've have gone through this process with other episodes - and always there is a second more of audio.

I worry that this may cause my audio and video to be slightly out of sync. I can't be sure. If they were - it would only be minor then, but still a shame :(. This extra second of audio does appear to be silence. Perhaps, do you think, Premiere is cutting off a second of the end of the video clip? Is this just a thing?

I'd be grateful for any ideas, but would understand if there are none - as I would think this is quite niche. Thank you :)

Go to Edit > Preferences > Project Settings, and make sure your project/your timeline has the same frame rate as your source video, sounds like it could be defaulting to 29.97fps (old school television NTSC standard). This would change the length of your video stream as it's running through the same total number of frames but more at a time, running out faster than "normal", but audio length isn't determined by something like frame rate so its length remains "normal" all along.

While you're at it, check your export settings too. You want one frame rate in source, project/timeline, and export.

Thank you for the quick response. I have gone into sequence settings and its framerate is already at 23.976, sadly. Within project settings and preferences, I did not see anything about framerates other than in media - where I changed it to 23.976, but no fix. I'm probably missing something. Export setting also all good.

Thanks for the tips, and I like that little info about 29.97fps being for old school tv :)

Back
Top Bottom