• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

audio conversion question

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok so i converted my ac3 file to a wav to edit in cooledit.

i've now finished editing and want to convert it back to xxxxx?

heres where i get stuck, the wav is 1.6Gb whereas the ac3 was about 350mb, what should i convert it back to?

far as i know theres no wav -> ac3 converters around (or at least i couldn't find one that worked)

i dont want to keep it as a wav as the disc will be over 7gb.

besweet converts between wav and ac3 I believe, and its free

nice! converting as i type. setting it up was a case of 'hunt the dll' but i got there in the end 8)

anyway thanks for the link!!!

it worked an absolute treat 8) 8) 8)

awesome, I'm glad it helped. I use besweet for lots of converting needs

Be warned, I believe BeSweet still has a long standing bug that makes it ac3 files rather soft.

Back
Top Bottom