• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ATTN Cappers: Upcoming USA specials

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
are any of these scheduled to repeat anytime soon. I can't cap anymore (no cable), but I can probably contact someone about it if they are going to air in the near future.

would love to see those terminator and exorcist specials...

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars The Legacy Revealed will be on tomorrow Oct 1st at 10pm and Oct 2nd 2pm (Eastern time) on History International.

Can anybody get these?

Also MAX is showing both the 3D IMAX as well as the Standard IMAX version of the Half Blood Prince in October.

Do you know anyone who can record them as well?

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
BBCA has a show Top Gear coming up (the 7th maybe) with Rupert Grint. I don't have that channel in HD so if someone can record it.

Also BIO is doing showing the Harry Potter Kids (which is out in dvd but not BR) and they are also doing two shows on the Making of Wizardry World of HP. (14th and 15th I think) I don't have this channel on HD either so if someone can get these that would be great.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This will be on thebox torrent site for sure.

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MAJOR OPPORTUNITY!!!!

Hub, formerly Discovery Kids, will be running the classic 1966 Batman TV series starring Adam West and Burt Ward starting Monday night 10/11 at 11:30pm with re-runs at 5:30am. This is the PERFECT opportunity to get caps of all 120 episodes in HD (assuming they'll be running new HD transfers, of course.)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wounder if its like "BH02: Horizon – How To Film The Impossible" by babyhum.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it sort of sounds like it, but thats a rather old documentary. This should contain a lot of new material and things from more recent films that ILM has developed technology for.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV Guide Big Movie Premiere - Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 1

airs again tonight at 8pm. I'm going to try to see if my in-laws can cap this, but if anyone else can, that would be great. Its an hour program.

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have it but the audio is a little staticy I'll try to record it again tonight and on the 24th and see if I can get a better copy.

Also it's only in SD and because it is on the TV guide channel you'll have to edit it and mask out the tv guide scrolling on the bottom.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shades2585 said:
I have it but the audio is a little staticy I'll try to record it again tonight and on the 24th and see if I can get a better copy.

Also it's only in SD and because it is on the TV guide channel you'll have to edit it and mask out the tv guide scrolling on the bottom.

Great, thanks Shades. I'm sure the copy I'd be able to get from my father in-law will be similar in quality to the one he recorded for me on Half-Blood Prince. Its an analog cable source, so the quality isn't that great, but its decent for SD. It aired in fullscreen, but once the TV listings were cropped out, it looked decent in widescreen. This will be on one of the main features on the next yr6 disc I put together.

HarryHBP_TVguide_compare.png

Anyway, would love to get a good copy for Deathly Hallows part 1. Its an interesting special.

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool looks Good.

I have that on too actually. One of the many show I need to get to you.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd be interested to see yours. Is it formatted exactly the same as my copy? Apparently the TV Guide channel is a bit different for different providers. I think the way it was formatted worked out perfectly for me because I was able to reframe it to a nice widescreen presentation with no scrolling of times or announcements over the actual video footage.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks paul. its on HULU too, and I found some software to grab the videos out of HULU streams (its called StreamTransport). Too bad this isnt online in HD. Though the HULU (at least while its streaming) looks a bit better than youtube. The HULU resolution is 640x360

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The YouTube does say that it's 360p too.

I tried to upload a screen cap but it wouldn't take it for some reason. So I emailed it to you, Throw.

They do look the same but I'll include it with all the rest of the stuff just the same.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
got it, yeah its comparable quality to mine.

RE images: you have to upload them to a hosting service (like photobucket or imageshack) and then put the URL into image tags like this

URL]

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I recorded it again tonight and it's still stacky. I'll try again when it comes on in a few days but I'm not expecting anything different. If you know someone else who can cap it I would ask them

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
to my knowledge, my father in-law capped it last night. Though I am not expecting stellar quality from his cap

Top Bottom