• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ATTN Cappers: Upcoming USA specials

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This premiered last year in the USA. I capped it, but my cap is not that great (but still good). The AVI I have seen floating around isnt much better. Would be nice to get a good cap of it.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had no idea that it had already aired. I never watch Bravo but saw a commercial for Inside The Actor's Studio yesterday and thought I'd check the website to see if any interesting subjects were coming up. It's possible that it also aired here before as well but this is the first I've heard of it. I still only have analogue cable but I'll be recording it in XP mode.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can post screencaps of mine if you are interested.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AvP said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
I can post screencaps of mine if you are interested.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

naughty boy... ;)

FG01.jpg

FG02.jpg

FG03.jpg

FG04.jpg

FG05.jpg

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
46 minutes after commercial removal.

Specs on my cap are:

video: 4:3 NTSC - 6000 kbps
audio: 2.0 Dolby Stereo - 320 kbps

I haven't authored it to DVD yet. I can make available once I do if you are interested.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Should make a nice special edition...you have anything else to add to the DVD?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had that in mind. I don't have any other Family Guy material at the moment. If anyone knows of anything, I'd be more than happy to put a bit of extra work into the disc.

There was that Family Guy Live special that aired late last year, around the same time as Inside The Actor's Studio. I don't know if thats going to get a DVD release or not (I suspect it would). But if not, that would be nice for this. Anyone know?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What the special called?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Family Guy Presents: Seth & Alex's Almost Live Comedy Show"

This was the special: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1532515/

It was actually a bit lame, but would work well for this as long as it isnt going to have an official release.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i know of...

Family Guy: Creating the Chaos
Family Guy: The Story So Far

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So thats about 2hrs 15 mins in total then?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That could make an interesting disc. I'm a huge Family Guy guy so I'm interested in anything Family Guy related. The "Seth & Amy" special probably will be included on a future box set though. Even if it isn't I don't know if there'd be enough space on the disc to include it, depending on what speed you recorded "Inside The Actors Studio" on. I'll be recording it in XP so that should give me something along the lines of 2.9 GB's. The "Seth & Amy" special was 30 minutes and it didn't have any commercials so converted it should come out to somewhere between 1.8 and 1.9 GB's.

AvP said:
i know of...

Family Guy: Creating the Chaos
Family Guy: The Story So Far

Are those specials or just featurettes? Do you have them or know where we can get them?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Plenty of space to fit all on the one disc.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On a DVD9 sure but for a DVD5 it would depend on the speed in which Throw capped "Inside The Actors Studio". And even then I don't know because I don't have any specs for the two clips/specials that you listed.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
On a DVD9 sure but for a DVD5 it would depend on the speed in which Throw capped "Inside The Actors Studio". And even then I don't know because I don't have any specs for the two clips/specials that you listed.

already gave the specs:
ThrowgnCpr said:
46 minutes after commercial removal.

Specs on my cap are:

video: 4:3 NTSC - 6000 kbps
audio: 2.0 Dolby Stereo - 320 kbps

so if you do the math, thats: 2.15GB (this is your friend: http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm)

each of those specials AvP listed are around 30 minutes. Even with the Live special, it all would still look good on a DVD5 (total time would be about 2 hrs 10 minutes-ish). Not sure what I am doing about the Live special though yet. But I will eventually be putting this disc together.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It could be 400 hrs and it still would fit on a SL DVD.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol, yeah, but you might not be able to recognize the video ;D

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Im after some "E! True Hollywood Story" episodes if anyone can help me out please PM me the list below is the ones im after...

24/Nov/02 Curse of the Little Rascals
30/Apr/06 American Pie Uncovered
08/Aug/08 Tropic Thunder
14/Apr/02 Terminator
15/Aug/04 Curse of The Exorcist
07/Oct/06 Scarface
31/Oct/01 Scream
23/Jan/00 The Twilight Zone Movie Trial

Top Bottom