• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ATTN Cappers: Upcoming USA specials

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please use this space to notify cappers in the USA (and similarly in the rest of N. America) of upcoming television specials that would be great to preserve. Ex: Behind the Scenes specials, Interviews, Special Commentaries, Making of's...

When posting, please include:

• exact show name (e.g., HBO First Look: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince)
  • Network station (e.g., HBO, AMC, MTV...)
  • Date and time
  • If it has multiple airings, or is a one time show

keep us posted!!!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is great. If somebody lists an upcoming show that is of interest to us but we don't get the channel is it acceptable to post a request for that person to record and then upload it somewhere or should that be kept to a PM basis only?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No problem. I just wanted to make sure that it was okay to ask out in the open.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This isn't movie related but if anyone's interested CBS is airing their annual "CBS Fall Preview" tonight, September 2nd, from 8:30 - 9:00 PM. I'll be recording it but I just thought others might be interested in it as well.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MTV VMAs are on tomorrow (Sun). preshow starts at 8pm (eastern time) and show runs to 11:30. repeats of it continue for the next couple days. sometimes they have actors present things, and clips of movies. and of course lots of live performances for those interested in music preservations.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tuesday October 27th at 10PM EST Spike will air it's annual Scream Awards. The show is usually re-aired right after it finishes.

Wednesday October 28th at I believe 8PM EST NBC will be airing a Monsters Vs. Aliens Halloween special.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PBS is airing a special called The Botany of Desire tonight. Its based on the book by Michael Pollan. The book (and TV special) looks at 4 plants (cannibus, apple, potato, tulip) and how they have had a huge impact on human culture. I read the book years ago, and it was fantastic (big fan of Michael Pollan). I am planning on capping the special tonight, but I would love to get a better quality version (heads up to cappers and also if this shows up somewhere for DL).

some links:
http://video.pbs.org/video/1220836827/feature/96

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botany_of_Desire

note: some of the links at the bottom of the wikipedia page could be nice bonus features to a DVD.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, no need to make a preservation for The Botany of Desire, amazingly its going to be released on DVD and Bluray!!! on Nov 3. Still though, it premieres tonight on TV for anyone who is interested. Its narrated by Frances McDormand (Fargo, Burn After Reading)

just a bit of trivia... Michael Pollan (author) is Michael J. Fox's brother-in-law.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wowsers!!! I'll have to keep an eye out for those. thanks AvP!!! Hopefully I get whatever channel they are on.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sure they'll be airing commercials for them when it gets closer to the airdate.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NBC will be airing a Christmas special called "Merry Madagascar" on November 17th featuring the characters from the Madagascar movies. I'm not sure of the time but it'll probably be 8PM like the Monsters Vs. Aliens Halloween special last night, which I did cap btw.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Merry Madagascar was also a straight to DVD release. You can buy it now. no need to cap it.

TV Guide Big Movie Premiere is doing Twilight: New Moon now. Its on pretty much all day today (repeating), and I assume will air many times this week. I am supposed to get this channel, but for some strange reason I don't.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also noticed some HDTV caps floating around out there. This has so far only had a DVD release. The DVD comes with both fullscreen and widescreen versions of the film (according to amazon). I have no idea if a Bluray version is planned for release. I doubt it.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AvP said:
i just found a HD cap of Merry Madagascar.

Where did you find it AvP? Is it a cap of the NBC airing or a rip of the DVD? Can you send me the link(s) via PM if it's a cap of the NBC airing? I'm planning on making a custom DVD, like I'm going to do with the Monsters Vs. Aliens Halloween special. What I'm planning on doing is including the anamorphic widescreen 720p cap alongside my 4:3 analogue tv cap with all the commercials intact. So far all I've been able to find for Merry Madagascar is an Xvid of it but if you found a 720p cap that would be awesome.

ThrowgnCpr said:
TV Guide Big Movie Premiere is doing Twilight: New Moon now. Its on pretty much all day today (repeating), and I assume will air many times this week. I am supposed to get this channel, but for some strange reason I don't.

CTV also had a 30-minute special on New Moon, MuchMusic had two 60-minute specials with different cast members for each show and MTV Canada also recently had a 30-minute special. I just hate the whole Twilight craze so I didn't bother capping any of it.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A little bit late notice but tonight James Cameron and the cast of Avatar will be hosting Animation Domination (The Simpsons, The Cleveland Show, Family Guy and American Dad) on FOX.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tomorrow, Saturday January 16th, CBS will be airing a making of special for the movie Extraordinary Measures at 2PM.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't know if there's any Family Guy fans here, besides myself that is, but on Sunday April 4th at 5PM Bravo's Inside The Actor's Studio will feature the cast of Family Guy. Time and date may vary for the US. I know I'll be recording it.

Top Bottom