• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ATTN Cappers: Upcoming UK specials

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please use this space to notify cappers in the UK of upcoming television specials that would be great to preserve. Ex: Behind the Scenes specials, Interviews, Special Commentaries, Making of's...

When posting, please include:

• exact show name (e.g., Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - A T4 movie special)
  • Network station (e.g., BBC1, ITV, Channel 4...)
  • Date and time
  • If it has multiple airings, or is a one time show

keep us posted!!!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hahaha, you guys get the best shows, especially for special editions and preservations!!!! How could I forget you!!

A

AvP

Harry Potter and the goblet of fire: behind the magic (runtime:15mins),ITV1 2/9/09...dont know if you have this throw i can cap it if you want.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AvP said:
Harry Potter and the goblet of fire: behind the magic (runtime:15mins),ITV1 2/9/09...dont know if you have this throw i can cap it if you want.

WOW, Goblet of Fire!!! No, I could REALLY use that one. Can't believe they are re-airing it. Please cap it for me if you can. thank you! I really hope they re-air some more older specials

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Surprising that they'd re-air a Goblet Of Fire special at this point.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess that explains it. It's pretty cool that they'd do that though. Do they do it often?

A

AvP

not really....i was shocked that ITV didnt have their logo on never seen that done before on anything they air.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sweet. remind me to name my first child after you :)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow, that is tehmegasuck for 3 reasons:

- possible harry potter archives loss
- your DVR might be bad
- your legacy might not continue (I was so wanting to name my son AvP ;D :D :D :D )

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Isn't it possible to connect a DVR to a PC and transfer content that way?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this i do not know about. I have a capture card that I can hook my cable directly into. thats how i cap. i dont have a DVR. but i hope AvP can get it all straightened out.

A

AvP

nope...even wont play normal DVDs tryed a lense cleaner but no luck :-\

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't know that there were DVD recorders/burners in DVR's. Can you hook up a DVD recorder to it and record it that way? Or maybe connect your DVR to your computer and just transfer it?

A

AvP

i might be able to hook it to my VHS/DVD recorder providing its go 2 scart sockets.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure what a scart socket is but good luck. Do DVR's have USB ports on the back for firmware upgrades? If so would it be possible to transfer it to a flash drive and then to your PC?

Top Bottom