• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Aspect Ratio Confusion [Sony Movie Studio]

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay so this is really random. I hope I can explain it correctly.

I'm editing away on Movie Studio and all is well. I save a frame (to photoshop and replace) and place it back on the timeline. It's then that I notice the image doesn't allign with the footage it was taken from. The preview window for the edit is cropping the image for the video track, yet not for the image I added. Naturally they don't line up anymore. I'm trying to work out what has happened here.

Is there a setting on the preview window that I'm missing? While I'm dragging a clip and extending it, the ratio returns to normal. When I let go, the image is cropped again.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/moe89/media/cropped_zps5yzf8tte.png.html
Image as it appears normally (cropped)

Fullsize image that appears when extending a video clip.

I expect that this is too vague to answer, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I followed guides on here to prep this edit. It's correctly set-up as far as I can tell (Editing in 1280x720).

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you have "Maintain aspect ratio" enabled on your edited image? I've found that option can incorrectly set the aspect ratio of media that has been manipulated (and it seems to be on by default for anything I add to my Timeline).

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That One Guy said:
Do you have "Maintain aspect ratio" enabled on your edited image? I've found that option can incorrectly set the aspect ratio of media that has been manipulated (and it seems to be on by default for anything I add to my Timeline).

Thanks for the response. I double checked and this doesn't appear to be the issue. It's the video tracks themselves that are cropped, zoomed in for some reason. No pan/crop options used on them though.

Top Bottom