• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Ash vs. Evil Dead

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I agree the last 2 were so-so and felt like filler.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LEE MAJORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The show's been cancelled and Bruce Campbell is now retired as Ash. Oh well. I still haven't watched any of Season 3 yet, the Series Finale is tomorrow night. It was good while it lasted. 3 films, 3 seasons, good times.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've only seen the two seasons on Netflix. Has anybody here seen Season 3? How was the finale? Please tell me it doesn't end on a cliff hanger.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoyed season 3 as much as seasons 1 and 2. It's popcorn entertainment. Am I sad it was canceled? No, but only because I first never expected Evil Dead to continue after Army of Darkness, so I consider us lucky we even got one season. Getting three was fantastic, and it had a fitting end for Evil Dead as a whole.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I watched S03E01 "Family" and it sucked hard, despite the fact that I was drunk and stoned. I'm going to watch all of Season 3 of course, but mainly because I saw some clickbait headline that was all like "the finale is a big middle-finger to Evil Dead fans" so I think I'll probably enjoy that episode.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finished watching Season 3 last night and I'm glad to say that I quite enjoyed it when all was said and done. Legit, S03E09 "Judgment Day" is the best episode of the series.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I've only seen the two seasons on Netflix. Has anybody here seen Season 3? How was the finale? Please tell me it doesn't end on a cliff hanger.

I just finished watching this (eventually on Netflix) and I have to say that the finale of S3 is very in keeping with the previous films.  Which is to say, it leaves you hungry to see the next stage, and with almost as many questions as answers.

Neglify said:
So I watched S03E01 "Family" and it sucked hard, despite the fact that I was drunk and stoned. I'm going to watch all of Season 3 of course, but mainly because I saw some clickbait headline that was all like "the finale is a big middle-finger to Evil Dead fans" so I think I'll probably enjoy that episode.

I was pretty displeased with the ending of S2.  It was pretty hard for me to buy, and then with the start of S3, my worst fears were confirmed.  I was totally sober and it still sucked pretty hard.  Worth sticking around for the organic chainsaw arm baby and the insane episode 2 fight.  Actually, while we're on that, here's a great highlight list for the series:
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-13-most-awesomely-disgusting-ash-vs-evil-dead-mome-1825669249

Neglify said:
I finished watching Season 3 last night and I'm glad to say that I quite enjoyed it when all was said and done. Legit, S03E09 "Judgment Day" is the best episode of the series.

I didn't love S3E9 as much as you, Neglify, but I do think the ending renewed my interest when I was honestly getting ready for the story to be done.  The problem with this series is it never really lived up to its name.  It wasn't ASH Vs Evil Dead, it was "Ash and Kelly and Pablo and Ruby AND some guest stars each season vs The Evil Dead".  I got way too little of Ash, and way too much of these other, not iconic characters.  They would've been great as purely supporting roles, but they were legitimately CO-starring.

What was great was...
the ending jettisons all that and centers on Ash off on another crazy adventure.  As it should be.  
That left me hungry to see the next stage of the story, which looked like it wouldn't happen.  Bruce Campbell really threw it all out there, and it seemed like he was done, but times they are a-changing:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/sam-raimi-next-evil-dead-movie-planned-1202156835/

At NY Comic-Con, Raimi announced that one of those options is going forward.  It seems that Campbell will not be the star, but that's not to say that he won't be in it.  I suspect the 3rd option they're going with will be to try to merge Ash's storyline with the Evil Dead "remake" and continue the series from there....

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the first two seasons. Show had its moments, but the characterization, writing, and tone was always too much of a mess for me to ever enjoy fully. Don't believe I'll ever get around to Season 3; the interest just isn't there.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
I watched the first two seasons. Show had its moments, but the characterization, writing, and tone was always too much of a mess for me to ever enjoy fully. Don't believe I'll ever get around to Season 3; the interest just isn't there.

It is pretty all over the place.  I have a feeling it'd be possible to do a fanedit for each season that cuts out most of the stuff with side characters and focuses on following Ash.  That would definitely be a trilogy worth watching!

Top Bottom