• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ash vs Army of Darkness

tferg93

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Plot summary:
In this sequel to Army of Darkness, our bumbling hero Ash Williams has enjoyed 25 years of local celebrity in his hometown of Elk Grove, Michigan. For hundreds of years, the evil demon Ruby has wandered the Earth, searching for the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis. When a drug-fueled mistake results in a passage from the Necronomicon being read aloud, Ruby's plan is set into motion and the forces of evil return to our world to destroy mankind. It is up to Ash, his trusty sidekick Pablo, and the descendants of his long-lost knightly companions to send evil back to Hell one last time.

Trailer:

Motivation:
Like most Evil Dead fans, I eagerly awaited the return of Bruce Campbell as Ash in "Ash vs Evil Dead". My hope was it would be a sequel in the spirit of Army of Darkness, however it stuck more closely to the style of Evil Dead 1 and 2 (for legal/business reasons, among others). I enjoyed watching the series, but I still felt like I had not yet seen the sequel to Army of Darkness. As I watched the show, I made notes of the most "Army of Darkness" scenes and dialogue. These notes became my guide for a theoretical Army of Darkness sequel. With the perfect ending of Season 3 I knew I had what was needed.

My objective with this edit was to make a feature-length (2 hour) sequel to Army of Darkness. The main plot takes advantage of the Knights of Sumeria plotline in Season 3, but there are scenes and dialogue lifted from Seasons 1 and 2 to restructure the narrative. This edit is entirely focused on continuing the Army of Darkness storyline, and it ignores much of what happens in Ash vs Evil Dead (no cabin revisits, for example).

Sources:
The video and audio are sourced from Bluray (1080p x264, AC3 audio). I have edited with 5.1 audio intact.

Changes:
-extensive scene reordering
-extensive dialogue removal/replacement
-cropping and orientation-flipping when needed to remove characters not introduced and to ensure spatial continuity with reordered scenes
-new title reveal at 00:43
-in the flashback sequence at 59:33 I have substituted an Army of Darkness scene
-music replacement for final shot and credits
-credits have been updated to reflect the source episodes used
-English subtitles have been edited to reflect all changes
-chapter markers have been added in appropriate locations, with chapter names

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the TV series in its own right, but this sounds like a very interesting edit. Good luck with the submission process, I look forward to checking this out :)

As this edit is done and ready for viewing, I've been informed that I can share it via PM.  Feel free to PM me for the complete release package (it includes posters!).

Edit submitted for Academy review. Thread moved to Pending.

This is a fun edit. I wasn't a fan of these shows until I watched it.

Last edited:
SIUse and I were able to contact this editor and resurrect their edit. It is a straight forward tv to movie edit. The beginning feels like whiplash because of the way it's edited and the cuts but the editor explained that they had to get a lot of information to the viewer before getting to the meat of the edit. Made sense to both of us.

I think we can approve this editor and their edit.

Thread 'Ash vs Army of Darkness - Submission' https://forums.fanedit.org/threads/ash-vs-army-of-darkness-submission.18300/

I'm not a huge fan of this franchise but the edit does entertain and feel like Army of Darkness.
Thanks again to @SIUse for bringing this edit to my attention and for the very thorough preview.

Last edited:
Found time to watch this, very good. The first 20 minutes jumps around a lot, Kelly isn't really introduced at all, but you've managed to condense a series down to 2 hours, with the focus being on the final season. Considering the amount of information you've had to introduce you did pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom