• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Article: Dead Island Trailer Fanedited

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This trailer is simply stunning. Probably one of the best trailers (game or otherwise) ever put together.

[align=center]

It looks like some creative fellow took the trailer and did a fanedit! What follow is the trailer in chronological order and sped up.

[align=center]

Want this game. Interesting edit, but I like the reverse trailer better.

I was the oposite. The chronological version freaked the hell out of me, affected me emotionally. Because you start of rooting for the girl, hoping she get's clear, only to see her fall, and to watch the horror/terror of her family, the panic and evolution (degradation?) of their situation, terror and doom for some reason just freaked the hell out of me.

The original is clever and wonderfully executed, but for emotional impact, well the first version made me want to rush home, hug the family and secure the doors.

I prefer the real trailer personally. It's just enough of a new spin to draw you in without being too much of a show-off, whereas all the re-edit does is to make the trailer revert back to being a zombie scene we've seen played out dozens of times.

And it must be said, the Giacchino-esque music sure pulls its weight here. :)

I prefer the official trailer in reverse too. But I do understand L8wrtr's viewpoint.

Holy hell. Please tell me this will be a (good) movie some day.

I am with L8wrtr on this one.
Maybe it has to do with being a parent.
But this trailer completely disturbed and upset me.

Which I guess is a good thing, the edit obviously worked on me.

But still, I don't think I am going to be able to let my daughter out of my sight for the rest of the day.

Exceptionally well done ( the music is incredibly powerful) but I don't ever want to watch it again. :)

[youtube]yR9WsSTAqvg[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom