• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Arrow

Definitely setting up the cameo. It was even advertised during the episode on the CW (which is how I watch Arrow in my neck of the woods).

Agree with you about Felicity and Ray; I wonder whether they are setting up a sort of Steve Jobs/Steve Wozniak vibe between them (he has the ideas, she makes them happen)...

Also, I want to point out the continuing references to the great writers and artists who have worked in DC over the years. From the first season on, we've had major events happening at the intersection of Adams and O'Neil to reference Neal Adams and Denny O'Neil, who of course worked together on both Batman and Green Lantern/Green Arrow. Last season, we had Slade admiring the work of "renowned painter" Curt Swan. And in this episode, we had a reference to writer Gerry Conway, who wrote for Marvel and DC (and, in Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man, both at once).

A good episode. The mystery of Sara's murder deepens.

Observation: Since Arrow and Flash use the production team, I am noticing a lot of the same locations being used but dressed differently. The coffee shop Thea and Ollie met in was the Jitters set redressed. The Nelson Plaza where Ollie and Merlin met was used in the previous ep of the Flash. Good old Vancouver, my favourite city. I still remember back in college and going downtown to watch them film MacGyver and 21 Jump Street.... LOL....

I am reserving judgement on the Ras Al Ghul reveal/casting....

I had wondered whether that was the Jitters set...good catch, Bob!

I'm reserving judgment too. My main concern at the moment is that he looks and sounds a bit much like Slade (at least partially a function of the actor's Australian accent), where I was expecting him to at least sound more like Nyssa (who, I'm frankly astonished to learn, is played by an American actress born in New Jersey!).

One thing I very much like, though, was the fact that we first see him in a very classic Ras pose:
shirtless, shot from behind, and bathing in what may or may not be a Lazarus pit
. Love how they went for the Neal Adams vibe with that.

Also, wow -- he's only 42, a year older than I am. Would have pegged him for older than that. Maybe it's the mileage (not the years) from being a former professional rugby player (a history that could actually bode very well for future action scenes)...

hebrides said:
One thing I very much like, though, was the fact that we first see him in a very classic Ras pose:
shirtless, shot from behind, and bathing in what may or may not be a Lazarus pit
. Love how they went for the Neal Adams vibe with that.

Yeah, I gotta admit, that was pretty cool.

An average to good episode exploring the importance of family.

Interesting use of Brother Eye, but I somehow don't expect OMAC showing up anytime soon.

And again I ask myself, how come Roy gets a costume but not Diggle? lol

But WHOA! Cliffhanger!!!!! I did not see that coming at all! So I am guessing some mind washing/programing went on while captured? Will we see the return of Deathstroke this season??

It reminded me too much of that Criminal Minds episode showing their geek girl's back story.

I don't feel like Felicity needed a back story. It was certainly a filler episode, but not that it was a bad thing. It just felt unnecessary. I really wish more shows would take the 10-13 episode route so there would be less filler and more getting to the core of the season's story.

musiced921 said:
I don't feel like Felicity needed a back story. It was certainly a filler episode, but not that it was a bad thing. It just felt unnecessary. I really wish more shows would take the 10-13 episode route so there would be less filler and more getting to the core of the season's story.

Hmmm, why DON"T they cut down to 13 episodes per season? In this age of having so many more entertainment options compared to even the 1990s or early 2000s, a 26-episode TV season is a lot to be asked to commit to.

Heck, I haven't watched any scripted TV series except "Once Upon a Time" for the past few weeks.

Agreed.

Plus, her "secret origin" was pretty unoriginal.... goth hacker who wanted to change the world, instead the world changes her -- meh.
It would have been completely forgettable if not for Rickards wonderful performance. Plus, I like the actress who played Felicity's mom. I remember from her NYPD Blues days.

I have been rethinking the Roy cliffhanger... could he be imagining it? Of maybe he is remembering he murdered those police officers (I mean this plot point had to be dealt with, right?) and is transferring his guilt to Sara? Then there is he unexplained absence when he disappeared to Bludhaven -- captured and reprogrammed?

Whatever, it is nice to see them finally give Colton something interesting to do.

The AV Club commentariat strikes again!

smell_zpsd07c4ff8.jpg

... Uh, so I haven't seen this week's ep yet, but, prior to moving in with Thea, where has Ollie been living? He's still pretty much almost totally broke, right? I assume the mansion has been seized; we haven't seen it since the S2 finale. I guess he has a loft in the Verdant complex? The place he was snuggling with Sara when he suggested they find and set up a place together?

Gaith said:
... Uh, so I haven't seen this week's ep yet, but, prior to moving in with Thea, where has Ollie been living? He's still pretty much almost totally broke, right? I assume the mansion has been seized; we haven't seen it since the S2 finale. I guess he has a loft in the Verdant complex? The place he was snuggling with Sara when he suggested they find and set up a place together?

Good question...could be one of those, or maybe it's his "other" hideout that we've seen briefly previously.

Hopefully with Oliver being broke he doesn't have his back broken, tossed in some inescapable-escapable prison on the other side of the world where he will appear just in the nick of time to save the city and fake his own death. :lol:

I'm almost all caught up, next up episode 20 from season 2, and I am seriously considering dropping this show. Season 1 was great, and that season finale was amazing, but season 2 has left me completely bored. Not to mention that it was really predictable.

- There's way too many completely unlikeable characters (Malcolm Merlyn, Sara Lance, Ivo, Sebastian Blood, Slade Wilson, Summer Glau's character, and that chick who brought together the Suicide Squad).

- Too many people know Ollie is the Arrow. It's called a secret identity for a reason, so stop telling people that you're The Hood/The Arrow.

- They really amped up the soap opera plots.

- I hate how Arrow is no longer a solo act but part of a team with Sara/Black Canary and Roy. And the show has basically turned into the Ollie & Sara show. And since I really can't stand Sara you can imagine how I feel about that. :lol:

- While I don't like that the episodes are a mixture of his time on the island and his present life I at least liked that they did show how he became Arrow. I was hoping that the island flashbacks would end with season 1, but they're still there. And now they're basically Sara's flashbacks with Ollie thrown in. I'm guessing that the flashbacks continue into season 3 and will probably continue beyond that.

- The Mirakuru and people coming back from the dead. Seriously, what am I watching here? I thought Arrow was supposed to be a reality-based character, like Batman or The Punisher, but it's like I'm watching The X-Files now with their black oil episodes. And if the Mirakuru wasn't enough to annoy me they're able to bring people back from the dead. You can have yourself a drinking game with this show. Just take a shot whenever Ollie's secret identity is revealed or when somebody comes back from the dead.

About the only thing I did like about season 2 was that Quentin realized that Arrow is actually an asset instead of an enemy, and the Barry Allen/Flash episodes. I did not know that The Flash was actually a backdoor pilot.

^ Pretty sure you're the only one who doesn't like Sara there, hombre.

I agree the introduction of supernatural elements was a swerve from the first season, but think they completely pulled it off in S2 at least.

Sorry you did not enjoy season two FC. Personally, I found the second season to be superior to the first in almost every aspect.

I'm all caught up now. Still need to see last night's episode though. While I didn't like season 2 I thought the last 2 episodes were great. I really liked the season 3 premiere...until Sara came back. :lol: But then she got killed. Yay! :lol: Unfortunately it looks like season 3 will be all about Sara again, about trying to find her killer. Yawn! At least a couple of episodes weren't about her. The episode about Felicity was pretty good. Is it me, or did Felicity look even hotter in goth mode? Not liking that Malcolm is back, but for some reason he isn't bothering me as much as before. Amanda Waller on the other hand. The more I see her, the more we find out about her, the more I hate her. Lauryl is really starting to get on my nerves too. She started a bit during season 2 but much more so now. Not liking Thea's new haircut, and Quentin looks better with hair. The flashback segments aren't bad either, but I'd prefer the show without them. During the first season, sure, cause you're finding out how he became The Arrow, but I after that I don't really care.

So looks like I won't be dropping this show. At least not just yet.

Posted my general thoughts about the Flash/Arrow crossover in the Flash thread. Needless to say, I really enjoyed it.

This week, the fall finale airs and it looks incredible. This season, while very good, has been a bit more of slow burn compared to season two, but I think the meeting between Ollie and Ras will stoke that fire into a raging inferno! lol

Back
Top Bottom