• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Arrested Development

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Season 5 is gud, i like it better than 4. But I agree the remix is better than the original. But expecting any of the new ones to be as good as the original 3 sessions is unrealistic.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished the S4 remix.  Excited to dig into 5.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When is the rest of season 5 supposed to hit?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So all of S5 is out now, and every review I've read has trashed it and said it's time for AD to go away.  I haven't seen any of S5 yet, but I really liked S4.  More than most people, probably.  But what do you all think?  Is it as bad as all the critics are saying?

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the first episode of the new batch. It was alright. Much better than even the re-edited s4, IMO. But yeah, it’s run its course. I’ll wstch the rest but I’m in no hurry.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't seen the new stuff, but I wasn't keen on the first half of season 5 - found it a real slog to get through. 

I did quite enjoy season 4 re-edited though.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
So all of S5 is out now, and every review I've read has trashed it and said it's time for AD to go away.  I haven't seen any of S5 yet, but I really liked S4.  More than most people, probably.  But what do you all think?  Is it as bad as all the critics are saying?

I liked season 4 on my first watch, but didn't laugh much. Liked it both more and less in the remix version, kinda weird. It still isn't much like seasons 1 - 3. The jokes don't hit as often and the built up callbacks from 1 - 3 are mostly dropped and replaced. I still like it but I love the original run.

I was happy to find that the first half of season 5 is more like seasons 1 to 3 imo, I enjoyed it immensely and will try the second half soon.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've only seen the first half of season 5, and it was ight.  I don't know how else to put it besides that i feel like it's getting away from itself.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
First half is the worst of AD.

Second half is the best since S3 and the ending is great and very fitting for the series.

Top Bottom