• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Arrested Development

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb;191122.My only gripe is that I really wish they hadn't done the each-episode-a-different-character format. I think it was done well said:
This was done because they couldn't get all the actors at one time except for two days of shooting. Everything else was done green screen.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Actually that's not my issue. I bought that they've all gone their separate ways and they only see each other every once in awhile. That's okay, I can live without ensemble scenes. But this is an ensemble show, and I would have preferred to have the story lines progress for each of the ensemble in each episode (like before), even if they don't meet up often (or at all).

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That should be posted in news as well.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Only time will tell.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Arrested-Development-10491097608.jpeg

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does anyone have any further information on the Hurwitz season 4 re-edit? Last year he revealed he had re-edited the season to make it a traditional 22 episode season more in line with the previous seasons. He said it would likely be released to Netflix, but I haven't heard anything since.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Does anyone have any further information on the Hurwitz season 4 re-edit? Last year he revealed he had re-edited the season to make it a traditional 22 episode season more in line with the previous seasons. He said it would likely be released to Netflix, but I haven't heard anything since.

I'm not sure about Hurwitz' own cut, but I downloaded a fan cut last year that re-arranged everything. It was pretty cool but the discrepancies that resulted from it were glaringly obvious. I'll have to look it up again, I forget who did it.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I'm aware of that one. I want to see Hurwitz's cut since he had cutting room floor material to work with and was able to have Howard re-narrate.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Season 5 is set to launch in 2018. He said this time last year that it was finished, so maybe we'll see it in the later half of 2017?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Clickbaity title is clickbaity.

Arrested Development Cancelled - No Season 6

Arrested Development is only halfway through its Season 5 (and its second season on Netflix). Yet the quirky comedy is also likely altogether through, according to David Cross, who plays “anal rapist” Tobias Funke.

On the most recent Late Night With Seth Meyers Podcast, the actor told supervising producer Henry Melcher, “I’ve learned to say ‘Never say never,’ but I can’t see it happening again, I think for a number of reasons.”

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well yeah, wasn't season 5 always supposed to be the last one? :huh:

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Huh, I didn’t even know there were eight more episodes coming. The new seasons just haven’t grabbed me the way the original run did. I thought the re-edit of season four was an improvement, but still not up to the level of the first three seasons.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought Season four was fine, until Season five gave me lols like the old times again. But yeah, it has nowhere to go. Best to end it now.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I still haven't gotten to five yet, working my way through the remix of four.  I still think it's pretty great, in both forms.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The remix was definitely better.

Top Bottom