• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Arrested Development

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
tumblr_m1mgbxBhGU1r6gxmgo1_250.gif

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel the opposite of this...

280__charliebrown.gif

nightstalkerpoet

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With all those moderator control issues and quickness to fear, anger, and hate (respectively), I'm sure you reacted more similarly to this:

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i've watched all three series on netflix after hearing so many good things about this show and i wasn't disappointed. unfortunately shows like this often get a crappy tv schedule here in the uk, looking forward to this series i hear it has a different approach in that each episode will focus on one character but that it all connects with one another

[video=youtube_share;3_l7A7j9JHs]

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never watched it when it was on; it was a British friend who actually introduced me to it. My wife and I watched all three seasons in a week, and now we're excited to see this new season, especially after this preview.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy shit, just watched the trailer. This might actually be a revival of a great show that doesn't disappoint and actually meets the fans expectations!

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One word: ostrich.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
watched 9 episodes of the new series today, there all pretty solid though at 30mins per episode they do tend to drag a little.

but it's just great seeing these characters back together again

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm going to watch one every so often, savor 'em like a fine banana wine.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On the fourth episode. I'm digging it so far. Lots of very cool cameos. And some great callbacks to the first three seasons. People who have never seen the show and are just diving in with netflix are going to end up missing a lot of the jokes IMO.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Same here: four episodes in. They do feel just a tad long, but overall very enjoyable and great to be back with these characters.

wabid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
These things are going to be amazing for fanedits. A chronological edit would be much less confusing. The post ship crash arrest would be one long scene, and cinco de cuatro would also be one act.

I think there is a ton of potential here for someone to cut them back to the pacing of the originals.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Only got to watch one episode yesterday (loved it of course) but am about to go on a binge that will last until I need to sleep (time will tell how many episodes I get through).

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
Only got to watch one episode yesterday (loved it of course) but am about to go on a binge that will last until I need to sleep (time will tell how many episodes I get through).

You've made a huge mistake

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching Episode 7

Holy shit Steve Holt looks like crap, hardly recognized him.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished the whole thing. Absolutely loved every second of it. I cannot wait for more (which apparently will be coming as the numbers are really high for this).

Some people are calling this a disappointment and I think it is only if you were looking for Jesus to be resurrected or just another season of AD. This couldn't be either of those. The first wasn't possible, and well, the second wasn't either. Seven years have passed and jumping back into the story wouldn't work.

If season 4 was the last we'll ever see of the Bluths, I would be disappointed, and not just because I wouldn't get any more AD. Season 4 is not an ending. Season 4 is a stepping block, a puzzle piece, a needed link for the next phase of AD. And it's as brilliant as the first three seasons.

My only gripe is that I really wish they hadn't done the each-episode-a-different-character format. I think it was done well, and probably as well as it could have been done, but it just wasn't right. In each episode we should have very Bluth, but that wasn't the case. They showed up here and there, and the dynamic was off. But, like I said before, this new season is brilliant, and this new format is no exception. The number of hilarious twists and turns that they got out of this was absurd, but it all worked magnificently.

So yeah, all around pretty great. Especially those GOB episodes. Seriously great stuff there.

Top Bottom