• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Architect or LabPro?

S

steFANedit

I'm doing the editing in Vegas and when I was about to preview the whole thing I rendered it as mpeg2 and did the audio ac3, then I opened it in dvd architect and when I'm clicking "make dvd" architect wants to recompressed it. "Video in your project is not in the proper format and will be recompressed during disc preparation."
Why, I thought that architect was compatible with Vegas so you don't have to recompress.
And what other format is there to go? If I'm not mistaken mpeg2 is how you render your fanedit.

I think I read somewhere on here that LabPro is a better program to use than Architect. Is that true? I have tried out LabPro but it won't even accept my mpeg2 file, only ac3. "This is a System file where Video and Audio are multiplexed together....
1.Demultiplex to Elementary Streams...or.....2.Quick mode without Demultiplexing..."

Option 1 gives me a "can't open the file"

and option 2 gives me some warnings, some can be accepted LabPro tells me but others..."Cause: Wrong FPS...Size:720x480 FPS:23.98 Aspect 16:9......To add24 fps frames you need to demux and enable 2:3 pulldown"

So which way to go? it seems unnecessary to go with Architect if it have to recompress everything I load into it. takes time and probably steals some quality while its at it. But how do I get LabPro to accept my mpeg2 file?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never used Architect but for what it's worth DVDLab is a very powerful piece of software and once you learn it's few little foibles I find it's a great package to use.

Every edit I have done has been authored in Lab.

S

steFANedit

n0mArch what program are you editing in?
"please say Vegas, please say Vegas" :oops:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really love Architect, but please note, I use Pro, not Studio. There are many more limitations in Studio. Studio seems buggy with pulldowns.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steFANedit said:
n0mArch what program are you editing in?
"please say Vegas, please say Vegas" :oops:

Womble.

Once you have your project in correctly formatted MPEG2 files for importing into Lab it shouldn't make any difference which editing package you used

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
Once you have your project in correctly formatted MPEG2 files for importing into Lab it shouldn't make any difference which editing package you used

^this.

S

steFANedit

nOmArch said:
Once you have your project in correctly formatted MPEG2 files for importing into Lab it shouldn't make any difference...

what settings do you render with to make your MPEG2 files working with Lab?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I use the standard MPEG2 DVD settings.

which off the top of my head go a little something like this.

PAL 720x576 - 25fps - 0 - 9000kb Bitrate (VBR or Constant)

NTSC 720x480 - 29.9 fps - 0 - 9000kb Bitrate (VBR or Constant)

That's just the basic settings for complient MPEG2 DVD files theres a lot more to it like whether the source is Anamorphic, is at 23.9 or 24 for NTSC and whether pulldowns and/or IVTC needs to be used as well but that really depends more on the source than the output and is way beyond the scope of this post.

S

steFANedit

steFANedit said:
...I'm clicking "make dvd" architect wants to recompressed it. "Video in your project is not in the proper format and will be recompressed during disc preparation."
Why, I thought that architect was compatible with Vegas so you don't have to recompress.
And what other format is there to go? If I'm not mistaken mpeg2 is how you render your fanedit.

okay so I found out how to render in Vegas to make dvd architect not recompress (at least it worked for me, on my latest try that is...)
Render with Frame rate: 23.976 + 2-3pulldown

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There ya go! Keep in mind that if you are working with the Studio version, it does have limitations regarding working in 5.1 audio. Other than that, MPEG2 format should be pretty smooth. MPEG4 is another matter entirely...

Top Bottom