• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

April Fools Special: Superman 2: The Richard Donner Cut: Fourth Option

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sii-fourth-option.png

Inspired partially by a scene from  the ending of the Superman II redux by @"booshman" , this "fourth option" edit allows you to view the Donner cut of Superman II in almost it's unaltered entirety with yet another alternative outcome, one that does not include the time travel, amnesia kiss, or even the heartbreak of a Lois/Clark break-up. I've grown up a Lois/Clark fan all my life and am a huge fan of their relationship in the comics, and they've never walked out on one another there. They're one of the strongest, most durable married couples on the printed page and I want my movies reflecting that godammit!

Because it's April Fools Day (and for future April Fool's occasions), I decided to include the "Superman II as originally shot and intended to be filmed" credit at the beginning of the movie rather than do away with it, that way you can trick people into thinking this is indeed the story the director wanted to tell or surprise them with the fact that it's a fanedit!

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
 They're one of the strongest, most durable married couples on the printed page and I want my movies reflecting that godammit!​

I know your pain.

Jax20

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome edit. Really nails the tone of the Donner movies and removes the more annoying/unnecesary elements. My favorite edit of Superman II so far. Thank you for this.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jax20 said:
Awesome edit. Really nails the tone of the Donner movies and removes the more annoying/unnecesary elements. My favorite edit of Superman II so far. Thank you for this.

Thanks very much. Just shows how the trimming of only a few minutes can make all the difference to a film. Glad you liked it. :)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bumping this to you guys know I've gone in and tweaked the original release slightly. The new special edition contains the following changes

1. Lex and Tessmarcher's arrival at the fortress now takes place while Lois and Clark are sleeping together

2. When Lex activates the crystals in the fortress, Jor-El immediately begins talking about the Kryptonian criminals. No "trees" poetry. Toilet gag is still included.

3. Clark destroying the fortress restored. There is no break-up speech. They share a kiss and we crossfade to the Daily Planet.

4. Lois and Clark's banter at the Planet reduced to Clark giving Lois a friendly greeting and Lois teasing his secret out loud.

Zazeron

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bumping this to you guys know I've gone in and tweaked the original release slightly. The new special edition contains the following changes

1. Lex and Tessmarcher's arrival at the fortress now takes place while Lois and Clark are sleeping together

2. When Lex activates the crystals in the fortress, Jor-El immediately begins talking about the Kryptonian criminals. No "trees" poetry. Toilet gag is still included.

3. Clark destroying the fortress restored. There is no break-up speech. They share a kiss and we crossfade to the Daily Planet.

4. Lois and Clark's banter at the Planet reduced to Clark giving Lois a friendly greeting and Lois teasing his secret out loud.
where do I see it? I have problems with the torrents and megapixel

Top Bottom