• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Anyone know how I can give Batman white eyes?

WilliamRedRobin

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought it would be cool to give batman white eyes in part or all of the Knightmare sequence from BvS.
I've done similar things in other scenes using masks, colour correction, and greenscreen, but I've never tried to alter a specific object that's constantly moving.
Does anybody know of a relatively simple way of doing this?

Maybe you could do it with EbSynth? If the only change is making the eyes white it might handle it acceptably in low motion shots with limited input required.

Maybe an AI could help, I'm not sure which one.

But really to look consistent I think it's gonna need animated masks for the heavy motion parts. If your NLE has decent masking capability, you should be able to do this. The workflow is pretty much universal, but I use Premiere.
You make your initial mask in vector shapes by placing points on the canvas, and add curves at the points if you desire. Then you can turn on animation for that mask and that will create a keyframe for the position of those points. Then you scrub ahead in the timeline, like up to right after a big move for the character, a turn, a look up or down, some combo, whatever. Then you create a new keyframe there and move all the points to where they should be. Then you go in the middle between those frames and make a new keyframe and fix the positions again. Keep splitting sections in half with new keyframes between existing ones until the motion looks like it matches and doesn't float away from the character. Then proceed on to the next big move. New keyframe at the end, new big adjustment. And repeat the process, new halfway point adjustment, new quarter point adjustments, eighth, sixteenth, etc. You don't necessarily need to drill down to animate frame by frame, the motion is interpolated between the keyframes. But sometimes there are weird movements in live action and you either nail it or miss it.

It sounds like more work than it is, but to me it is more work than it's worth. But it's also, like, the way to do it if you want to do it for real and be sure it's done right, no algorithm automatically guessing wrong and messing it up.

Try this and then manually adjusting keyframes when needed.

Back
Top Bottom