• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Anyone ever have a hopelessly messed up video stream?

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, ripped the video and audio from a movie with DVDDecrypter set to demux. The rip was clean (no errors).

I stripped the pulldown flags with Dgpulldown and then ran the video through Womble's GOP Fixer (Read+Write).

There is a section of video that I cannot work with. I've tried using it before the GOP clean and I've tried using the Read+Encode+Write cleaning method. Nothing works on this thing.
When the editor hits that patch the video freezes and stutters. Scanning backwards and forwards in that region gets the editor out of sync. It's weird stuff.

I might have to scrap a project solely because I can't work with the files.
I could you some help.

What movie are you editing?

How long is the section? Might it be possible to convert it to a lossless codec and then back to MPEG2 (with little quality loss) to be able to work with it?

The section itself isn't very big. Not an unreasonable idea RB.
The worst of it is, I'm trying to put a couple of cuts right in the middle of it.

The project is looking fairly untenable regardless. I'll give the re-code a go, but I can't believe the stream couldn't be repaired.

Ok the weirdness continues.

I tried what I described above TWICE.

Today I did it all again in preparation for re-encoding... and there isn't a problem.

??!?!?

Ok thanks to everyones help. I press on with the folly of the first true fan edit I've done since the Matrix.

Back
Top Bottom