• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Announcement regarding my future on FE.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Wraith
Set your VPN for Stockholm Sweden 🇸🇪
Dune is available to buy on iTunes Store in Sweden for 249kr (Swedish kronor).

It’s approx 27,50 $
Or 24,30 €
Or 20,73 £

And I Believe the other Scandinavian countries have it as well.🇩🇰🇫🇮🇳🇴

I have only good things to say about the moderators on this site and they put a lot of Heart and Soul in here for all of us.
I've used the SWEDEN VPN, and been to the iTunes Sweden store, and I only get a RENT option.

I might be getting some block, but I used a different browser, so there are NO cookies to identify my location, but it is cheaper...maybe it got pulled? These days increasingly releases are staggered to prevent piracy etc, so it would be odd for one market to go ahead on ownership on such a big movie.

So much for popping it on a USD as a prezzie....

So , Any comments on the suggested policy "clarification" I postulated or is it just gobbledygook?

I've used the SWEDEN VPN, and been to the iTunes Sweden store, and I only get a RENT option.

I might be getting some block, but I used a different browser, so there are NO cookies to identify my location, but it is cheaper...maybe it got pulled? These days increasingly releases are staggered to prevent piracy etc, so it would be odd for one market to go ahead on ownership on such a big movie.

So much for popping it on a USD as a prezzie....

So , Any comments on the suggested policy "clarification" I postulated or is it just gobbledygook?
it's still available to both rent and buy!
I haven't purcased it because I don't feel I need the digital version, rather wait for the Blu-ray.

köp 249kr means Buy
Hyr 199kr means Rent

it's still available to both rent and buy!
I haven't purcased it because I don't feel I need the digital version, rather wait for the Blu-ray.

köp 249kr means Buy
Hyr 199kr means Rent

That's great thanks...I can only assume there is some clever cookie madness from Apple on my PC...

I used my laptop which is clean, so to speak....BINGO. Thanks.

Last edited:
That's great thanks...I can only assume there is some clever cookie madness from Apple on my PC...

I'll used my laptop which is clean, so to speak....BINGO. Thanks.
You're Welcome @Wraith
Great that it worked out at last!

Perhaps this Dune discussion deserves its own thread? Has there been any talk of a potential extended edition? I know there were cuts of part one that were much much longer. I’d like to eventually own this set but I’m likely going to wait for an extended edition or at least until the two parts are released together.

Edit: I should’ve just Googled it before posting. Jason Mamoa actually called for an extended cut to be released but Villeneuve said the released version is his vision and he would not release an extended cut. It’s a shame because I do feel a home release with more character moments would greatly benefit the movie.

Wait! This is the internet!! What is this reasonable discussion? Level-headed analysis? Reconciliation? Where's the daytime TV screaming & drama?

On a serious note, this is why this community is awesome. I'm glad things appear to be working out. It seems simple misunderstanding sent the conversation off the rails. It's hard to convey nuance in text.

And what was that topic?
It was about krausfadr's recent dispute with DigModiFicaTion and Q2 over his ownership of the 2021 Dune movie influencing my decision to leave fanedit.org behind in favour of showcasing my work on Reddit and originaltrilogy.com. There are some things I just can't seem to agree with.

Last edited:
No offense taken. I am.

It's a choice that only you can make and only affects you.
I won't fight you to the death over it, then. To each their own. This is my decision at the end of the day and what matters is what I choose to do with it.

It was about krausfadr's recent dispute with DigModiFicaTion and Q2 over his ownership of the 2021 Dune movie influencing my decision to leave fanedit.org behind in favour of showcasing my up-and-coming fanediting skills on Reddit and originaltrilogy.com. There are some things I just can't seem to agree with.

Hey Motley!
I would of course let everyone speak for themselves, but it seems there have been some apologies all around for misunderstanding and miscommunication, and I believe everyone involved has been gracious enough to understand the other's POV.

Krausfadr asked to be re-instated and for the most part I believe that matter for now is settled. I hope you can remain a part of this community in any capacity, but the more involved is always better.

Also, a lot is expected of this site that may not be possible, so I think if everyone can manage expectations of what the site is at the present moment, you still ought to explore other possible ways to build the community you want to be a part of. In my opinion, FE and IFDB can compliment, not compete, with other ways to grow the fanediting world in general!

I think its fair to say we all want fanediting to be something even bigger and better in 20 years. This site and its few admins alone can't carry all the weight. Its ok to think bigger.

Hey everyone, back from real life for the day. I'm very grateful to read the posts in this thread and what appears to be a restorative dialogue.

@krausfadr I'd like to apologize for the communications that felt like a bait and switch. This was never my intention. We as a staff decided that we needed to simply check in and I thought the best way to do that was in a conversational way. In person I'm rarely a straightforward person. It's probably because I'm perhaps not the most confident in communicating directly and also that I want to not make anyone feel like I'm coming at them with the Bad Boys theme song and flashing lights when I ask a rule based or procedural question. I know I need grace in life and I hope that when ever I'm in a position of being able to extend it that I can take that opportunity. I realize that it went form conversation form to a direct message when the rules were shared and that in this case that feeling of grace missed the mark. That definitely can be taken as a neck break code switch, especially in a text based communication between two parties that aren't accustomed to each other. Again my apologies for that tonal shift and any stress it may have caused.

Again, I'm grateful that this thread has sought for clarity and resolution. I appreciate everyone here and the opportunity to do my best to serve the community and the grace received when I don't always get it right. While this is a fantastic place to share our hobby, I am grateful for the opportunities to grow as a person in improving my communication skills and helping others feel welcome and worth in a digital space.

I'll do my best to apply the feedback shared. Appreciate you all.
Thanks Digmodification. I realize we're all human and should not assume the intentions of others (speaking of myself with that statement).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom