• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Announcement regarding my future on FE.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should go for it. You could focus first on the cuts from that change list that you agree with. As you go you may find other things he didn't list.

You should go for it. You could focus first on the cuts from that change list that you agree with. As you go you may find other things he didn't list.
I'm sure AE would be proud of me. I own the film on both DVD and Blu-ray.

To be honest, as much as I'm glad the issue that was influencing my decision to retire has been resolved, I can't help but feel disappointed that krausfadr is choosing to stay. When I was writing my initial post, I thought I was standing up for my rights. But this thread has shown me, in a weird way, that these rules were put in place for a reason, yet I still think the staff's way of reaffirming them is a tad strange.

When I first heard of Kraus' situation on his originaltrilogy.com thread, I felt as though fanedit.org wouldn't be the right place for me. And surprisingly, after what we've been talking about this week, I still feel this way. It's weird, I know, but I'm just tired after almost two years of hardships coupled with the four years of struggling to get my projects off the ground to no avail.

I don't know about you, but I think I'm better off working on these things in my own time. Let's just hope 2022 will get off to a good start.

Last edited:
@motleycat Enterprises inc there is no time requirement for finishing edits. I have a few that are almost 2 years old or more that I just can't manage to complete for whatever reason. I'm genuinely confused why you'd want to leave when others are clearly offering support and encouragement. The requirements are stringent, but not unattainable. I really doubt I'd have learned and accomplished the modest amount of growth I have now without the support and challenges to improve offered by this community. It reads like there might be other things that keep you from wanting to continue in the community. It certainly has been an odd while this world has experienced and perhaps connection and engagement is the thing to get us through it. I'm sorry you are feeling off and have had hardships.

To be honest, as much as I'm glad the issue that was influencing my decision to retire has been resolved, I can't help but feel disappointed that krausfadr is choosing to stay.
I mean, good for him. It was a simple misunderstanding that has been resolved, and now that the rules have been refined and clarified, everyone can move on and work on their edits (at whatever speed they wish to do). I have been taking quite a while on my hobbit comedic cut, mostly because I need to learn a new skill or two in order to accomplish a few of my changes.

@motleycat Enterprises inc there is no time requirement for finishing edits. I have a few that are almost 2 years old or more that I just can't manage to complete for whatever reason. I'm genuinely confused why you'd want to leave when others are clearly offering support and encouragement. The requirements are stringent, but not unattainable. I really doubt I'd have learned and accomplished the modest amount of growth I have now without the support and challenges to improve offered by this community. It reads like there might be other things that keep you from wanting to continue in the community. It certainly has been an odd while this world has experienced and perhaps connection and engagement is the thing to get us through it. I'm sorry you are feeling off and have had hardships.
Yeah. I'm sorry if I'm turning this discussion into a real pity party right now, but I just want to see less hostility in this otherwise wonderful community. That's why I said I couldn't find myself agreeing with the rules at first. Certain online communities have had an influence on me, be it positive or negative. So far, it's leaned slightly more in the negative, but I'm actively trying to pick myself back up and start anew.

Maybe I'll give the Toy Story 3 edit a shot and see where it takes me.

I just want to see less hostility in this otherwise wonderful community. That's why I said I couldn't find myself agreeing with the rules at first.
Personally all I’ve seen in this community is positive reinforcement, encouragement, and genuinely good criticism and feedback for edits. And to be completely honest, I don’t see how you could disagree with the rules. I don’t recall them all off the top of my head, but I remember they seemed to make a lot of sense and they are there to keep this community from being shut down (again).

This has been an interesting thread. It started off negative but ended in a very positive place.....except it is still going and I'm not exactly sure why. There doesn't seem to be a relevant topic to discuss anymore, so I'm going to close it. Thanks for all that contributed in a constructive manner, it is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom