• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Animation Consecution (NOW LIVE)

When should the deadline be?

• Late May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mid June

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Mid July

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Mid August

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Heh, I've never owned any Xbox console. Though thinking about it, that they approached film playback on the XBox OG that way does perhaps make it unsurprising that Windows no longer has a native DVD player.

Anyway. I did a quick test of the burned disc this morning on PS3 and the transition videos play just fine, so I'm guessing it's a VLC thing. It will be interesting to see if the bug manifests with the disc version as well.

Inevitably, I did notice that there are a couple of points where the size of the menu image is not quite the same as the end of the transition clip 🤬 so I'll have a quick look at that and see if it's easily fixable. It's a finesse thing rather than a showstopper, but equally if I'm going to do it I would like to do it right...

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The VLC bug shows on the disc version as well, which is annoying. I'll test it in Kodi too, just so that I have a reasonable spread covered.

On the plus side, the issue with the menu image mismatch was an easy fix - I had forgotten to account for the pixel aspect ratio in the transition image clips when I was creating the static menu backgrounds, which means I just had to resize the canvas for the background images to match and everything looks nice again. So I have a now-hopefully-final disc image rendering; I'm still going to do a watch-through of the disc I burned yesterday to make sure there aren't any issues, but I can also start uploading the disc image as prep.

(Because I'm an idiot and apparently a glutton for punishment, I had an idea for a little extra bit of DVD artwork I could put together in lieu of something that I couldn't make space for on the DVD itself... we'll see if I have time or not, it's a silly idea but one that tickles me.)

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You know what final checks before release are good for? Catching issues that you have already identified and fixed, but not applied in the final disc image 🤦

Still nominally on track for release this weekend, but I'm only half-way through the currently-final checks...

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I unfortunately missed my aim of releasing this weekend, because my definitely-actually-final-this-time,-honest checks of the DVD led me to catch and correct a bunch of small but important framerate and source-file resolution errors in the DVD media. I'm glad I caught them, but also kicking myself at how I missed them before now.

Anyway. This means I'll be uploading the finished files during the week (including figuring out Vimeo uploads where required) to be part of next weekend's IFDB updates.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the encouragement , it's appreciated 🙂 I have gone down a bit of a headcanon-type rabbithole with the styling of the DVD, so I'm hoping that it makes sense & is enjoyable for anyone who goes for the disc version.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

At long last, the Animation Consecution is done, and should appear on IFDB overnight!

I have created IFDB submissions for the Consecution and each of the shorts that are part of it. Viewing options include streaming (Vimeo) and download (either an archive of MKV files of all edits, or a DVD9 image). DLC files will be submitted to info once the IFDB listing is live - in the meantime feel free to PM me and I will share.

The DVD is an artefact from a parallel universe where Fanedit TV is a widely-available service, and acts as a collection of material of Fanedit TV's weekend morning animation block. It features subtitle tracks for the 7 edits which include dialogue, an alternative audio track for "Leo, L'Enfant Fantome", trailers for some feature-length animated fanedits, and a "Watch live" mode to really recreate that feeling of watching cartoons on a Saturday morning.

@theryaney can you update the thread title to reflect that this consecution is done, and add the trailer and launch video to the first post?

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome. Thank you for all the hard work you've put in! When I have a moment, I'll sort out an IFDB post announcing it.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just updated the thread title to reflect this is live. Will update the first post with the trailer and sort the article on IFDB when I'm at a more convenient device!

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I forgot to mention - due to a quirk in how DVD Architect handles having multiple audio tracks, all shorts on the DVD will show as having two audio tracks. However, only Leo, L'Enfant Fantome actually has 2 different audio tracks (default is the original French, the alternate is the English dub).

yacpo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi! where can i watch the shorts? (sorry if my english is bad)

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@yacpo sorry for the delayed response - I didn't see that there were any new replies to this thread as I'm not the OP. The easiest way to watch these shorts is to look at the Video tab on the IFDB page for the project.

If you want the disc or downloadable versions, you need to look in The Usual Places or drop me a PM.

Slade Harrison

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would love to see someone take “The Killing Joke” movie and only keep the last half just like the comic and make it the art style look like the comic similar to that fan-made trailer on YouTube.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would love to see someone take “The Killing Joke” movie and only keep the last half just like the comic and make it the art style look like the comic similar to that fan-made trailer on YouTube.
Hi Slade :) this thread is for a now-completed Consecution project. Ideas and suggestions for new edits are better suited to the Ideas forum.

Top Bottom