• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Animals (a Pink Floyd sync)

dagfari

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Milo and Otis is originally a very visually-oriented movie, so it's cool to see it with a different soundtrack. I'm curious, how many changes did you make to the source video?

Really enjoyable to watch it this way.

(btw, I noticed some video glitching. Is that an artifact of changing the framerate to sync that scene with the album, or is it only on my end?)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Didn't change frame rate, except a couple slow-mo shots. Artifcating is there because I had to compress it to an MP4 below 500MB to put on Vimeo. C'est la vie. I made put out a DVD later with the higher quality copy and a couple other shorts.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I had to compress it to an MP4 below 500MB to put on Vimeo.

You didn't *have to* get it below 500MB to get it on Vimeo.

postar_gif_LOL.gif

SilverWook

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting idea! I know a couple other lesser known movies that magically synch up with Dark Side of the Moon. I was thinking of trying to do them as a first project one of these days.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the review TMBTM!

Also, I'm preparing a DVD, "Neglify Shorts Volume 1". It will include Animals with an optional lyrics track. Higher quality video.

Still some artifacting because I was too lazy to make a lagarith AVI from the source. I was never one for pristine picture quality anyway.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I'm preparing a DVD, "Neglify Shorts Volume 1". It will include Animals with an optional lyrics track. Higher quality video.

Very cool!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched the first third with my halflings. We're digging it! Good stuff, neg.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Added to OP:

Update.

A DVD5 has been made, "Neglify Shorts Volume 1". It includes a higher quality version of "Animals" with optional lyrics subtitles. Check fanedit.info or send me a PM if you wish to see it.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify's Short Eating Volume 1 fanmix/truefanedit/specialtproject thread or didn't happen. :p

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seeing this makes me want to try and make my own Floyd sync. Awesome idea! A great example of why I love coming to this site and seeing these amazing ideas that I can't help but want to copy!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks Ken, glad you liked it. :) Don't forget to leave a review on IFDB.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the review [MENTION=30073]KobaKommander[/MENTION]! Glad you enjoyed this. And thanks for the review on Q!

jerick

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As I lay here with my 11 month old son soothed fast asleep beside me, as I watch the end of Neglify's Animals feature, I can't help but want to restate my review of this edit. It is a treat for children and adults of all ages. A perfect musical and visual experience that Neg has painstakingly edited together so that the beautiful Pink Floyd melodies sync as closely as possible with the imaginative animal journey. Even though Neg didn't make this edit with children in mind, this will forever live on my hard drive with the other movies my children adore most and I implore others to do the same.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the review [MENTION=17386]Vultural[/MENTION]! It's a shame you don't like the album and didn't really enjoy this edit. It makes sense that you wouldn't downvote it for not liking the source music, but personally I think it'd be fine if you scored how you felt, like a 7 or a 6 or even a 5 on Enjoyment. Either way, thanks for watching and reviewing.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since it was in your DVD of shorts, I watched it.
Others ought to, as well. This is a choice selection, tasty variety pack!
I thought it unfair to slag your edit because I did not like the music you chose, let alone for a pet romper film.
Also, despite my usual preferred score (6 - somewhat above average), it is rather rare for me to lowball an editor.
If I thought something awful, I generally would not review.

For those who wonder what Neg was referring to, my slightly cranky review had nothing to do with his editing prowess.

Enjoyment: No way, not for me, though I won’t downscore. I don’t like this particular Pink Floyd album. I don’t like animals. I don’t like dogs, that includes puppies. I don’t like barnyard critters or livestock unless they are on a dinner plate. I’m also one of the four souls who never liked Milo & Otis. Kick me.

99% of audiences will undoubtedly love this.

Top Bottom