• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ANDREAS presents: STAR WARS - Episode I - The Ancient Lore [TPM Remade]

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A quick update in the midst of exams and school.

The edit IS getting there, I AM close to a finish. But please bare with me for a couple more weeks. I refuse to release it in an unfinished state, and I have a couple few tweaks left to complete before I can render the complete version.

Here's for a late November release! :*

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
A quick update in the midst of exams and school.

The edit IS getting there, I AM close to a finish. But please bare with me for a couple more weeks. I refuse to release it in an unfinished state, and I have a couple few tweaks left to complete before I can render the complete version.

Here's for a late November release! :*

No worries. If that works for your schedule, I look forward to watch your edit during Christmas break. I picture it now:
- "What are you watching?"
[excitedly] - "A new edit of Episode I".
- "Okaaay. Why?"
- "It's a Christmas present from a friend I don't know. Qui-Gon is much more important now, and [ramble on]."
;)

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
No worries. If that works for your schedule, I look forward to watch your edit during Christmas break. I picture it now:
- "What are you watching?"
[excitedly] - "A new edit of Episode I".
- "Okaaay. Why?"
- "It's a Christmas present from a friend I don't know. Qui-Gon is much more important now, and [ramble on]."
;)
Ah man, that made me smile and feel warm in the fuzzy place called heart.

I look forward to bringing my friend(s) some extra holiday warmth! I hope it exceeds your expecations!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm going to render The Ancient Lore tonight, and upload it during tomorrow morning.

I have two persons that will obtain the preview; one whom will be adding subtitles, and another promised since the beginning of times. I'd like the opinion of three people for the evaluation, so the first one to PM and request will be the third.

The evaluation process is simply:

1. Point out any errors, if any.
2. Give me feedback on small (not major!) things that could be tweaked and/or improved. I'm not going to re-do entire scenes or edit the narrative. This I'm settled on.
3. Enjoy!

Thank you guys! When this evaluation process is done, I will release V1.

Since it's been quite some time since my latest updates, I can repeat:

Version 1 (V1) will be released publicly as is, and Version 2 will be the final - in where I do small fixes and/or alterations after receiving different sorts of feedback. Then The Ancient Lore is finished.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[UPDATE]
It is weird to say this, but The Ancient Lore is finished. The release was supposed to happen with subtitles ready, but the process at hand will take time and therefore I find it useless to have spent five years on this project only to let it sit silent for three more weeks when I could just as well release it.

Thank you to all who have contributed, especially beyond what can be expected, and the credits list is and will be added accordingly.

I accept PMs as from now on and out, and will respond accordingly. It is possible to stream the edit from my Google Drive, but I do recommend to download it for superior quality. And as always; remember to own the original product, and do not attempt to profit on this in any way whatsoever.

Be in the mood when you watch it please, and close your eyes - thinking it's a brand new release and that you've never seen TPM before - and then open them with a fresh mind before you hit play. Only then will you be a Jedi.

Please enjoy!

Known error(s)/complaints as of now:
- A repeated shot should be replaced with a new one (Agreed, and will be made from scratch).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
REMEMBER THAT THE ANCIENT LORE WILL HAVE TWO VERSIONS, ONE WHICH IS THIS - AND THEN ONE FINAL AT A LATER TIME WITH WHATEVER FIXES THAT MIGHT BE NECESSARY, AS WELL AS ALTERATIONS TO (MAYBE) COMMON COMPLAINTS ABOUT SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE MIGHT FEEL WAS A BIT OFF (A COLOR TWEAK ETC). THIS VERSION WILL NOT BE TAKING INTO ACCOUNT WISHES FOR ALTERATION TO NARRATIVE, OR COMPLETELY NEW SCENES. THIS I AM SETTLED ON, AND WILL BE PRESENT THROUGHOUT BOTH VERSIONS. THIS IS THE COMPLETE VERSION, BUT WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF THE PUBLIC/COMMUNITY TO HELP SORT OUT MINOR THINGS FOR THE UPCOMING COMPLETE VERSION (WITH A 5.1 AUDIO TRACK).

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great news! I'm really looking forward to giving this a watch. I'm on vacation right now but when I'm back home I'll check in to get a copy.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sorry I couldn't watch and review it before you released it. I really hope everyone enjoys it, and I will be watching it as soon as I get home, which is now.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, I don’t know what is wrong with the PM system, but I’ve deleted over 100 PMs - from trash folder as well - and it keeps telling me that my inbox is full after two or three new PMs.

So for efficiency, head over to originaltrilogy.com and PM “Anjohan” (this is me) and I can give instructions there until I/we get this sorted out.

Thank you all!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m heading to townn now for some drinks (tequila I suspect), so I’ll respond to the posts over tomorrow.

Have a great weekend, guys!

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
English subtitles will be ready next month. (And, if applicable, will of course be updated for v2).

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello Andreas!  I believe one should congratulate you for your hard, loving and enduring work on such a grandiose project.  You have enriched the Star Wars and fanediting community with your work.  
But now... all other words must be left for later I have watched the film... :D

I think the problem with your private messages folder may be the full trash can... try emptying that!

Horrifyingly Hillarous

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching today and really liked it, seriously this is probably one of the most in depth edits of TPM ever. I’m really familiar with the movie already so it’s a little weird to see some things (like Jar Jar bringing everyone to Otha Gunga near the finale) but then you need to look at this as it’s own first chapter when watching TPM doesn’t exist in this canon TAL DOES.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a bunch of technical difficulties, so I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Horrifyingly Hillarous

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Id love to know how you managed to get dialogue that clear in a SW edit, usually the center channels are a nightmare lol

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
Great news! I'm really looking forward to giving this a watch. I'm on vacation right now but when I'm back home I'll check in to get a copy.
Thank you, brother! Enjoy your vacation - life needs more of those!
jrWHAG42 said:
I'm sorry I couldn't watch and review it before you released it. I really hope everyone enjoys it, and I will be watching it as soon as I get home, which is now.
Brother, watch it when you have the time! No worries.
CourtlyHades296 said:
Will this appear at IFDB?
Yes, sir. Although it will have a Version II to smooth things out and fix a few errors on this massive beast, this IS the edit. It has been submitted!
Canon Editor said:
Hello Andreas!  I believe one should congratulate you for your hard, loving and enduring work on such a grandiose project.  You have enriched the Star Wars and fanediting community with your work.  
But now... all other words must be left for later I have watched the film... :D

I think the problem with your private messages folder may be the full trash can... try emptying that!
Aw, Canon, my friend! Thank you so much and please enjoy! I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

I did empty the trash folder.. twice :/
Horrifyingly Hillarous said:
Just finished watching today and really liked it, seriously this is probably one of the most in depth edits of TPM ever. I’m really familiar with the movie already so it’s a little weird to see some things (like Jar Jar bringing everyone to Otha Gunga near the finale) but then you need to look at this as it’s own first chapter when watching TPM doesn’t exist in this canon TAL DOES.
Thank you so much, brother! Appreciated! Of course I understand that some things are weird to experience for the first time, but as long as it works - unusual as it might be - then I have done my job in this remake of sorts.
jrWHAG42 said:
I had a bunch of technical difficulties, so I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
Which difficulties? Feel free to PM me for help.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[UPDATE]
1. Thank you for the incredible feedback guys, both here and over on originaltrilogy.com! I can't stop smiling from some of the messages! And massive thanks to not only those who enjoyed it, but also those who went the extra mile to come with their feedback on how to fix and/or improve aspects they thought could make the edit even better.
2. I think I might have fixed the PMs as of right now, although it seems pretty broken. I've deleted about 200 PMs, and it says I only have 10% available. And yes, trash folder is empty as well. But from now on and out; it seems to work.

Horrifyingly Hillarous said:
Id love to know how you managed to get dialogue that clear in a SW edit, usually the center channels are a nightmare lol
Oh, they are. Trust me! I did the only thing I could do; create a new audio mix, and only keep dialogue (not even the pauses between words) intact. That way, although a lot of work, I could alter the scene audio-wise however it'd please me. I did this on my Hobbit edit as well in multiple scenes and it really pays off if you have a certain vision you follow.

Top Bottom