• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ANDREAS presents: STAR WARS - Episode I - The Ancient Lore [TPM Remade]

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good stuff. Does well at selling the idea Dooku is dead. I remember you mentioning that you wanted to have a conversation between Qui-Gon and Dooku before they head to Naboo again, but it doesn't sound like that can happen, which is a shame.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
Good stuff. Does well at selling the idea Dooku is dead.

Isn't he supposed to be a hologram, not a Force ghost?

*Insert Star Wars wipe*
@Andreas, you should screen cap yourself doing lightsaber rotoscoping and post it as a resource ;)

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:

WOW, how did I get that wrong? Yeah, I meant to say "there," not "dead." Sorry about that. :p

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
Good stuff. Does well at selling the idea Dooku is dead. I remember you mentioning that you wanted to have a conversation between Qui-Gon and Dooku before they head to Naboo again, but it doesn't sound like that can happen, which is a shame.
Thank you, brother!

It is a shame indeed, but the resources are too limited to pull off. The only interaction between them will be the one in the cockpit during the opening of the movie. It does sell that they know and have some sort of care for one another, so that should put us in a way better spot for EP II than the original. I think four apperances of Dooku - that actually now work - is the maximum required. Soon I will have to shoe-horn him in the background during the Duel of the Fates, inside one of the glowing pillars. Hahah!
DigModiFicaTion said:
Nic said:
Good stuff. Does well at selling the idea Dooku is dead.

*Insert Star Wars wipe*
@Andreas, you should screen cap yourself doing lightsaber rotoscoping and post it as a resource ;)
Haha, cheers brother! ;P Maybe when I have the time I can at least try to help others for once. Just gotta finish this beast!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[UPDATE]
So here we go again... trying to finish this 'pup.

So this is the infamous second scene between Maul & Sidious (the first one being on Tatooine). I know it's weird seeing Maul get some sort of backstory, being known for not having a proper one (in movie lore) for the last 19 years. So bare with me.

What I'm trying to accomplish:
- More screentime for Maul
- Backstory for Maul (that foreshadows and resembles Anakin's story)
- Foreshadowing of the fall of the Jedi
- Mentor/Padawan-relationship between the Sith

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- There's some kind of frame jump at 1:41.
- 1:01 should be "choose" instead of "chose".

Generally looks good, though I don't find the Emperor's dialogue convincing. I don't think he would phrase any of those things as questions. He would state things like "you must forget", "you will...", or "I sense unbalance in you". I dunno, something along those lines. Atm, he comes across too sympathetic. Since his voice is scrambled, it's important that the choice of words sells his character.

Edit: congratulations on winning FEOTM btw :)

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
- There's some kind of frame jump at 1:41.
- 1:01 should be "choose" instead of "chose".
Cheers, brother! Will be fixed.
The Scribbling Man said:
Generally looks good, though I don't find the Emperor's dialogue convincing. I don't think he would phrase any of those things as questions. He would state things like "you must forget", "you will...", or "I sense unbalance in you". I dunno, something along those lines. Atm, he comes across too sympathetic. Since his voice is scrambled, it's important that the choice of words sells his character.
I completely understand what you mean. I went for something more sympathetic indeed, trying to subtly tell the audience that Sidious actually care for Maul, opposite Dooku and Grevious (and to a certain extent, Anakin). The dialogue should give away that Sidious has raised Maul as his own, and made him into a strong pupil of his.

Now that they are alone in a room together, this is the first time throughout the first hour that Sidious doesn't give commands or behave like a Sith Lord. I tried to make him behave more like (an evil) father figure.

If this doesn't work, I'd be happy to change certain aspects of the conversation most definitely. Thank you, brother!

Do you or anyone else have any ideas, for what might be a better approach? Or do some think this can/do work? I'd be happy to know!

The Scribbling Man said:
Edit: [font=Raleway, sans-serif]congratulations on winning FEOTM btw [/font]:)
Thank you so much, my man! Exciting :D

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I like it. Great job, Andreas.
Cheers, brother! You feel that the twisted father/son-relationship work between them, or do you think something is missing?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:

Not finished, but something that could work.
Two last nitpicks:

I think the second Dooku line should be the Sith ARE dead rather than the Sith IS dead. Depends whether he means the Sith overall or just one person, but the conversation seems to focus on the group so I think ARE would be better.

And it looks like the end of the scene ends on two exchanges of looks between Yoda and Mace, when I think one will suffice. 

It's coming along for sure.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I think the second Dooku line should be the Sith ARE dead rather than the Sith IS dead. Depends whether he means the Sith overall or just one person, but the conversation seems to focus on the group so I think ARE would be better.

And it looks like the end of the scene ends on two exchanges of looks between Yoda and Mace, when I think one will suffice. 

It's coming along for sure.

I second this. Throughout the Last Jedi, Luke constantly speaks about the Jedi as a plural group, so I would think it should be the same when talking about the Sith. Nice work so far, Andreas!

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think "Will you ever choose to forget?" should go before Sidious tells Maul about his mother.  OVerall, very well done, nonetheless!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"addiesin"  @"thecuddlyninja" @"Canon Editor" 

Good, valid points. Cheers, brothers! I'll do the fixes you encourage.

This is going rather good!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[UPDATE]

So in a time of Disney hatred, countless TLJ fixes and broken fandom I am getting closer and closer to the release of The Ancient Lore, which will hopefully bring back some old magic to the lacky prequel trilogy.

I have completed everything now, and I am just doing audio fixes. That's really it. It's insane. But I'm almost finished. It's weird being finished, because you kind of have a feeling sometimes that the project is just too daunting to complete alone. But I have. It's weird.

That being said, there will be a V2 version of the project, which will be the final. We are most of us with more than a foot inside the Star Wars community, and there will be suggestions, complaints and minor errors to be pointed out. I am sure of it. So there will be the final cut version, and the final version. The Final Version will be the V2, and then the project is finished.

I would never do two versions of an edit if it wasn't for the fact that this project has been so massive that to just say "i am finished" and never touch it again would be unfair against all my efforts, and against the community that have followed the edit, awaited it and - most importantly - supported it.

Therefore, you can expect THE ANCIENT LORE within the upcoming month.

Thank you all!

Max2765

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats Andreas, great job from the look of all the clips so far and fantastic dedication. Cant wait to see it!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Max2765 said:
Congrats Andreas, great job from the look of all the clips so far and fantastic dedication. Cant wait to see it!
Thank you for your kind words, brother.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic!!  Thank you for your dedication to the SW community.  It has been a joy to follow.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you so much, Andreas. I can't wait for V1 :D

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
Therefore, you can expect THE ANCIENT LORE within the upcoming month.

Ooh! This'll be a treat! And kudos to being open to suggestions after completion. I will strive to make excellent suggestions for v2.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
Fantastic!!  Thank you for your dedication to the SW community.  It has been a joy to follow.
No problem, and thank you, brother! It has been just as joyful to have your suggestions and feedback.
Zamros said:
Thank you so much, Andreas. I can't wait for V1 :D
No problem, brother! I am just as excited as you are! Believe me!
lapis molari said:
Ooh! This'll be a treat! And kudos to being open to suggestions after completion. I will strive to make excellent suggestions for v2.
Cheers, brother! It was a no-brainer to have two versions, one open for suggestions and then the complete final version after that as there has been so much effort and love in and around the project. I just hope it's more than at least half of what you all hope for it to be! That'd be an honor.

Top Bottom